What's new

I think RT-AC86U seems to have a fatal security vulnerability.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Information you do not know: South Korea is similar to China or North Korea.

connect directly to the isp modem - If so, I can not use the VPN client. If I do not use the VPN Client, my Internet traffic can not be protected.
We are talking about the security of the router.
Monitoring internet traffic is very difficult nowadays (most of them are https connections) and if this is possible, it means that RSA encryption is weak, meaning that everyone's internet-based assets are easily hackable.

The only thing your ISP can monitor is which websites you visit, and they also don't know what you're doing on those websites.

If what you said is true, go to the police station. It makes no sense to discuss it here.

Reactions: SKA
Information you do not know: South Korea is similar to China or North Korea.
Ahhhh then north korea is the democratic and free nation ... ohhhh my bad I mixed them up :D
Ok just kidding.

Go to the police and if they can't help then go offline like itpp20 said. May be for a while.

Asking for help on a public forum won't help here if any of the information presented by the OP is true.

If they're monitoring you, they're monitoring our responses. That means anything you try to do... they'll be once step in front (already).

Pull the plug.

Go dark.

Ditch all your current hardware tech.

Move out of the country.

Start again.

I can't see any way around the above suggestions given your side of the story up to now.

We are talking about the security of the router.
Monitoring internet traffic is very difficult nowadays (most of them are https connections) and if this is possible, it means that RSA encryption is weak, meaning that everyone's internet-based assets are easily hackable.

The only thing your ISP can monitor is which websites you visit, and they also don't know what you're doing on those websites.

If what you said is true, go to the police station. It makes no sense to discuss it here.
thank you for your answer.
The police were corrupt.
In some provinces of South Korea, the police are involved in slavery.
anyway, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, folks, this has run its course. Locking thread
@SKA it appears you are unlikely to find help here. Please don't open another thread on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!