1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

I want to enable guest bandwidth limiter but leave adaptive qos, is this possible?

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by fearz, Feb 18, 2020.

1. fearz

fearz Senior Member

I thought guest network have a separate bandwidth limiter but not the case with latest merlins build..if thats the case are these any workarounds for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. EventPhotoMan

EventPhotoMan Very Senior Member

Why do you want to limit your guest accounts?

when I have guest over, well, people guests, I see no reason to limit them, they do t use that much.

my 250 mbps download I see no reason.

maybe you can explain more what you are doing?

ChatmanR likes this.
  3. fearz

fearz Senior Member

Well initially i wanted to enable both qos and bandwidth limiter to limit some devices then i learned that on recent firmware guest bandwidth limiter is a new feature so I thought it may work with qos.

Is there any way even via shell to limit bandwidth speed for only 1 device while keeping qos enabled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. hacesoft

hacesoft New Around Here

Hi,
    yes, in parental control