What's new

Identify a client on network?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ibrubeer

Occasional Visitor
I have a couple of IP addresses on my network that are not identified in the Client List. All it lists is the IP and MAC addresses. I have tried several MAC Address lookup sites, and they return nothing. The MAC address is: 02:0F:B5:B2:61:60

Does anybody have any ideas for how to identify what this is? It is connected to my 2.4gh wireless.

Well, I don't knowingly have one! Not sure how to track this down. Nothing in the house is running Windows 2000...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have a couple of IP addresses on my network that are not identified in the Client List. All it lists is the IP and MAC addresses. I have tried several MAC Address lookup sites, and they return nothing. The MAC address is: 02:0F:B5:B2:61:60

Does anybody have any ideas for how to identify what this is? It is connected to my 2.4gh wireless.

I can't find any vendors allocated the MAC address range 02:0F:B5 when I ran a search through 4 or 5 sites offering MAC address lookups.

One thing you could possibly try is first to reboot the router and see if they are still there. You do have your wireless set to WPA2 encryption don't you?

If they still show, you could turn off ie power down every device including set-top boxes and smart tvs and everything else that might possibly make a wireless connection, reboot the router and check again.

Could use a tool like LanSpy to see what services that IP address is offering up.

Yes, that'd work too from a mobile device.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!