What's new

I'm new - router recommendations?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maybe it was just me, but I bought an ax6000 and sent it back. I didn't think it was that impressive given the price. I ended up adding a bit extra and getting an AX11000 Pro which I thought, despite it's higher price, was overall better value. Just me, I guess.

RT-AX86U Pro
GT-AX6000
RT-AX88U Pro
GT-AX11000 Pro
GT-AXE16000
ZenWiFi Pro XT12
ZenWiFi Pro ET12 -> no Asuswrt-Merlin yet
Thanks for the list.
Regretting buying the ZenWiFi Pro ET12.
Bought the pair and am only able to use one ... will give the ASUS beta f/w a try.
Can't get too much worse ...

Thanks for the list.
Regretting buying the ZenWiFi Pro ET12.
Bought the pair and am only able to use one ... will give the ASUS beta f/w a try.
Can't get too much worse ...
Why do you think I'm using Google Nest Wifi Pro's! :p

Yikes--what's so awful about the ET12?
Don't mind me... after reading what a nightmare adding routers to an Asus mesh can be, I decided to just make it easy on myself and install the Google Nest mesh behind my Asus AX-6000 that is used by all our devices/family, and makes it easier to utilize all the Google Home (app) features to manage all these devices. So I still get to use my AX-6000 for my own purposes with firewall, restrictions, ad blocking, etc., which directly affects everything downstream.

Is this one pushing automatic updates with no user control like Amazon eero? This is the major complaint with eero.
Yeah they install on their own fairly infrequently. I'm sure they likewise have an awesome beta community like this one! Lol

What's wrong with the other one? This set has Wi-Fi 6E intended for backhaul.
The 6E backhaul wasn't stable.
The 2.5Gb wired backhaul didn't seem stable.
The UI would become unusable & require a system reboot.
The mesh-node didn't always come back on-line after the primary was rebooted. Nor when the mesh-node was rebooted.
Apparent dhcp issues ... especially with some Ring devices. And some Apple devices only seem to work when IP is manually assigned.
Was hoping to use the Merlin asuswrt f/w, but no joy there.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!