What's new

Improved Search

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
I've added a new search option, accessible via the "Advanced Search" button up in the menu bar.
Please try it out and let me know.

Note that the search returns with a link that can be cut-and-pasted to redo the search.

I don’t know if it’s a CDN caching issue or not, but I have a hard time determining what might be different now. Can you clarify what we should expect to see under Advanced Search?

1603023925838.png

Also showing off my ads...

Your screen isn't wide enough. tap on the arrow to the right of the partially visible "Small" button.

It can also be accessed via a link at the bottom of the Forums menu.

And thanks for not blocking the ads.

It’s not always visually apparent what part of the result to click on to open the post. In this search by post content, I had to click the post number to open it. In other one by Thread Titles, I had to click the thread Title. Makes sense but there was no visual cue (or the hyperlink style is too subtle).

https://www.snbforums.com/advanceds...ohn9527&search_forums[]=42&search_forums[]=60

But it worked well to search for a three letter word!

The search works well. Any reason it is limited to only two hundred results though? Can't it be made to show the next two hundred at least?

For myself, no. I would want to search for everything about a topic from day one of the forums and not be arbitrarily cut off sometime in 2016, for example. :)

I also like the inclusion of "Similar threads" at the bottom of each thread page. This will surely help find the trail of breadcrumbs from old threads to new threads.

I'm changing the name of this new search to "Better Search". It seems "Advanced search" is already used in some standard search views to indicate this page.
Thanks for this. Having two different "Advanced search" was confusing me. :D

Just in case you missed it there's a second place it needs to be changed:

Untitled.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!