What's new

Incoming SIP Calls drop after 5 mins could this be UDP timeout? on RT-AX86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

craigywsm

New Around Here
Hi All,
Please could you help with an issue I have been having with incoming SIP calls?
I have RT-AX86U with a Draytek Vigor 160 as a VDSL modem both using standard firmware
For outgoing SIP calls everything is OK
When I have an incoming SIP call I can answer on but after about 5 mins on the call the connection drops and my phone needs to switch to 5G to resolved the issue.

Here is some information that is from BT:
Nat Refresh (UDP Timeout)
Refer to your Manufacturer’s guide
for information on how to configure
Nat Refresh. This needs to be set to
300 seconds. If this is not set correctly
you will have problems making and
receiving calls or a call may disconnect
after 5 minutes.

I am unable to find this setting in the ASUS router or am i wrong on my suspicions.

Thank you for your help

Kind Regards
Craig

Have you tried changing the setting "SIP Passthrough" on the router's WAN - NAT Passthrough page?

Thank you for your reply Colin.
Is that not the setting to enable sip alg?
The pbx mentions to make sure alg is turned off.
I will give it a go

Sorry, I don't know much about SIP. I've read that generally it's recommended that setting is turned on for stock Asus firmware (maybe that advice has changed), but I didn't know what your router was set to.

Alternatively you could try using Merlin's firmware as that has an additional SIP passthrough option.
Untitled.png

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...voip-sip-calls-nat-mismatch.84855/post-840058
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...voip-sip-calls-nat-mismatch.84855/post-840066

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!