What's new

Inconsistent Internet with 384.9_beta1 over VPN on RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Got the same issue i
I didn't have this issue when I was on 384.6. It was stable without this issue. I will install the final version of 384.9 and I usually do the WPS to ensure all settings are erased. I'll follow your guide to see if this issue goes away. What is confusing is that there are packets that are dropped outside the router so hence it's probably not the VPN connection.

Another nasty bug with the 384.9 is that the router needs a physical reboot every time. yes its 100% of the time. Yesterday when I downgraded, I was again able to do a soft reboot on the router. But then again this is a very small issue at this point.

PS: On a side note, I want to kick myself for breaking things that work well time and again. I used to have hugo's perfectly working version on my AC5300 and I updated to his updated firmware which was broken and I could not revert back even through recovery. With Merlin the range was dismal so I then moved over to the 86u. And everything was stable with no issues until I updated to 384.9 beta 1. Now it's daily that I get questioned by my wife (is the internet working). Every time I reconfigure the home switches doesn't auto connect. I have to do a full setup again. I'll try a factory wps and reconfigure out today.

I got the same issue back again. But this time, the RTO's are at both places. the router and the terminal. Terminal just dosen't show it but you can see its not responding at the same time windows shows RTO's. I'm planning on creating a cron job to restart the vpn daily.

Can anyone help with how to restart astrill, below are the samples I've collected?
how can I add this to the init-start script?

# execute at 4 am daily.

cd /jffs/scripts
/jffs/scripts/init-start
#!/bin/sh
cru a ScheduledVPNRestart "0 4 * * * /dev/astrill/astrillvpn stop"
sleep 5 <<< Will this work?
cru a ScheduledVPNRestart "0 4 * * * /dev/astrill/astrillvpn start"

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!