What's new

Individual IP Traffic Monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Brian_E

Occasional Visitor
Hello Everyone

I have only just flashed my ASUS RT-AC68U with the Merlin firmware, so I am still exploring the additional features.

I note that it is supposed to be possible to monitor internet traffic on a per IP basis, but I don't see that option in my router's GUI (see screenshot). Am I missing something obvious here?

Attachments

• Screenshot - 11_01_2015 , 15_15_12.jpg
    Screenshot - 11_01_2015 , 15_15_12.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2,125
There's also a whole section devoted to IPTraffic in the README.

Thanks for that. I had read that at least in part, but forgot that that was where there was further information about the IP traffic monitoring (I forget may things these days, I suppose it comes with the ageing process).

Fellahs, I can see the Real Time traffic by IP but I can't find the hourly logs. That would be something we could open up with Notepad/Wordpad, correct? The GUI states: "Save history location
Directory must end with a '/'." Should it be with a standard WIN format Backslash as opposed to Forward slash "\"? Anything else I done goof up?

21e2ama.jpg

Last edited:
You can only save it to storage that is located on the router (USB drives or a memory stick)....so everything is forward-slash in the path for Linux format (and you end the path with a trailing forward-slash). If you click on the 'Select' button, you'll see what storage is available. Then select the 'Yes' button to create the file before hitting apply.

The file format is a 'gz' file which is not easily readable.

Last edited:
This is what shows up but options are not clickable (+ - pencil):

2629mig.jpg

So I manually added/typed the path to a Folder of my choosing. Guess I really borked it.

****EDIT****

I replied before you edited. LOL Okay, so I need to add a USB stick. Thanks! :cool:

First you have to set "Create or reset IPTraffic data files" to Yes and hit apply [You only need to do this once]. Then wait a hour for the data to be written to the disk.

The data file is NOT human readable. It is a Tomato "cstats" file.

Last edited:
I have "No data in table." while try to see Traffic Monitor per device, at http://MyLocalIP/Main_TrafficMonitor_devrealtime.asp
My settings:
Снимок экрана из 2015-12-09 12:13:21.png
I see traffic in Traffic Monitor at "Global"
Снимок экрана из 2015-12-09 12:20:38.png
But in "Traffic Monitor per device" - "No data in table.", any ideas?
Router AC66U, Firmware latest version 378.56_2

admin@kgw:/tmp/home/root# ls -la /mnt/Data/IPTraff/
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 20 Dec 9 12:09 tomato_cstats_60a44c6a54e8.gz
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 62 Dec 9 12:09 tomato_rstats_60a44c6a54e8.gz

I have same issue as Amatuer273.

I created Asus on my USB using the "USB Applications" "Media and ... Services"

In config I set yes to all four for IpTraffic under Tools-Other Settings
When looking at the USB disk (since I set it up as a network share I see it from other computers in the net) I can see that two gz files are created.

But there is no Real-Time or Dayily data - I waited 24 hours.

any one?

Is it possible to have IPv6 Traffic monitoring?

If you mean IPTraffic, no. The kernel module used for that can't be used for IPv6 due to its design.

FYI:
https://github.com/VREMSoftwareDevelopment/rstats-cstats

Tomato USB Python scripts to dump RStats and CStats information

Have not tried it as I do not collect Traffic Stats.
May be of use if someone wants to get 'Human Readable' data.
At worse read the Python Scripts to understand the rstats and/or cstats file format. :)