What's new

Installing Entware from AMTM doesn't install anything to start Entware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sbsnb

Very Senior Member
On my RT-AC88U I had installed Entware the "old" way (not AMTM) and it installed the following in /jffs/scripts/services-start:

Code:
RC='/opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung'

i=30
until [ -x "$RC" ] ; do
  i=$(($i-1))
  if [ "$i" -lt 1 ] ; then
    logger "Could not start Entware"
    exit
  fi
  sleep 1
done

That code was problematic, so I moved it to post-mount, like this:

Code:
if [ -d "$1/entware" ] ; then
  ln -nsf $1/entware /tmp/opt
  if [ -r /opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung ]; then
    logger "$0:" "Starting Entware..."
    /opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung start
  else
    logger "$0:" "/opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung is not readable. Can't start Entware."
  fi
fi

On my RT-AX86U I installed Entware with AMTM and there's nothing in services-start or anything else in /jffs/scripts that starts Entware.

Code:
admin@RT-AX86U-AA28:/jffs/scripts# grep "rc.unslung" *
services-stop:/opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung stop # Added by amtm
admin@RT-AX86U-AA28:/jffs/scripts#

Is this by design?

this post should probably be in the addons subforum

do you have Diversion installed too? if so check /jffs/addons/diversion/mount-entware.div

But that file is there anyway, and it does appear to have the code for starting Entware. Interesting. However, there was nothing in post-mount to call it.

Thank you.

But that file is there anyway, and it does appear to have the code for starting Entware. Interesting. However, there was nothing in post-mount to call it.

Thank you.
On a new system I noted that installing Entware (not Diversion) via amtm added the following line to the end of post-mount:
Code:
. /jffs/addons/diversion/mount-entware.div # Added by amtm

I believe amtm doesn't add that line if it detects an existing installation of Entware (I'm not sure of the exact logic) because it didn't seem to add it with my existing setup.

So something removed it. I wonder if one of the other amtm install scripts accidentally used a '>' instead of a '>>' when writing to post-mount. I'll just assume for now I did it somehow.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!