What's new

Installing Merlin on RT-AX82U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

antarr

New Around Here
I'm looking for a guide on installing the Merlin to the RT-AX82U. I see in the releases that it should be supported. But I'm not able to find any guides on how to do so.

It's very interesting to see all the RT-AX82U references. Maybe a release that supports the 82U is pending?

It's very interesting to see all the RT-AX82U references. Maybe a release that supports the 82U is pending?

If you follow the link to GitHub the release is by someone called paldier from China.

If you follow the link to GitHub the release is by someone called paldier from China.
I installed paldier's rt-ax82u firmware on my router. It has extended jffs enabled. Cannot install entware as it complains rmerlin is not installed. Interesting.

I installed paldier's rt-ax82u firmware on my router. It has extended jffs enabled. Cannot install entware as it complains rmerlin is not installed. Interesting.
Does it work ok? How did you install it? I'm new to this.

Does it work ok? How did you install it? I'm new to this.
I would show you how to do it but I don't want to be held liable if you brick your router. I have been part of rmerlin's crowd since 2012-3. Learnt a few tricks and disappointments that RT-AX82U isn't being supported yet. Paldier's firmware works and he/she doesn't have rmerlin's signature to make entware installation work, unfortunately.