What's new

Intel 7260 M.FL plug?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Winejug87

New Around Here
Hello all.

New to the forum, but I registered to ask this question after searching here.

I am trying to upgrade the wireless card inside my ux31a. I've taken off the bottom cover and confirmed that the card I have (Intel 6325) uses M.FL antenna connectors.

However, the card I want (Intel 7260) uses U.FL connectors apparently.

I've attempted to search for an answer to this, but so far the Internet world has come up short so I thought I'd ask here.

Does anyone have an idea of how I could use the 7260 in my ultrabook, or if intel is planning on releasing a version of the 7260 that uses M.FL connections?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Are you positive it is m.fl? I am only aware of the 6235 being made with u.fl connectors.

Just to note for others having the same issue (I'm one of them), this is confirmed:
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Intel_Centrino_Advanced-N_6235_(MHF4)

My searching reveals no easy (i.e. without precision soldering) way around this issue. Intel made the 6235 with a mhf version, but not the 7260.

Bright side: In the long run, it's probably better that there's (basically) one connector standard going forward...

I know it sounds dumb I m sorry . But what is the difference between u.fl and m.fl ? And what do they stand for ?

Found u.fl but I'm puzzled why they would put beer keg connectors or m.fl's on wireless cards :D all kidding aside I figure the m.fl is the post and slide on 90 degree like my IBM t43 and t60 thinkpads use.

I know this is a really old thread, but there doesn't seem to be any antenna (RF connector) product or specification called "M.FL"
Based on the naming convention and comparison to U.FL, I assume this M.FL would be a Hirose product, but it does not exist:
https://www.hirose.com/product/en/products/RF_Coaxial/Micro+Coaxial+Connector/

The OP's original card is probably the "Low Profile" version of the "Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235", which is model 6235ANHMWLPG.
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/centrino/centrino-advanced-n-wimax-6235-brief.html

It has MHF4 antenna connectors, which are now commonly found in NGFF/M.2 wifi adapters.
The regular version of the 6235 has the U.FL connector found on most older Mini PCI Express Half-Height adapters.

Neither U.FL or MHF4 (made under Dai-ichi Seiko's I-PEX brand) are standardized names. They are just de-facto standards based on popular products.
And "MHF" (without the 4) is actually equivalent U.FL in size. Very confusing.