What's new

Intel AX200 / NETGEAR RAX80, RAX120 Test Results

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I tested the AX200 against the 9260AC (in a Dell Inspiron 7577), using the RAX 80 and RAX120 . Test was done one floor below the routers' location (about 12-15ft away.).
I noticed about a 10-15% gain in performance on 5 GHz between ac and ax modes. Between n and ax on 2.4 Ghz @ HT20 there was a pretty big delta. Between n and ax on HT40 difference was much lower.

If you have an ac router though, the AX200 will perform practically the same as the 9260ac.

It looks like the AX200 is even worse than the old card, except if your AP/router supports AX.

And even then, the only real gain is in the 2.4GHz band.

Or am I missing something here?!

Last edited:
It looks like the AX200 is even worse than the old card, except if your AP/router supports AX.

And even then, the only real gain is in the 2.4GHz band.

Or am I missing something here?!
Overall performance is actually quite similar if not the same for both as AC cards. If you run tests multiple times you’d see they’re practically the same and those minor differences disappear.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!