What's new

International support for Wifi 6e is only starting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Canada only authorized the use of the 6 GHz band back in May:

And Europe moved forward only a few days ago:

I assume that means that device certification can now begin in these affected countries, and once that's done, Wifi 6e devices will start becoming available outside of the US.

Interesting fact: Canada is more open than the US, allowing the 6 GHz use oudoor as well as indoor.

Looks like the final result will be fairly fragmented from one country to another...

A customer had 'a ton of spare cash' he wanted to blow on an AXE router yesterday, but I couldn't find any in Canada. Now I know why! :)

Some interesting info on the Canadian FAQ. For instance, Canada charges only 50$ per model to be added to the database. That obviously doesn't include testing costs that have to be handled by the manufacturer first. They do accept test results that were submitted to the FCC, provided they match certain criteria, such as being less than one year old.