1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Internet connectivity detection fails for PPPoE and custom VLAN ID

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by unameit, Sep 15, 2018.

1. unameit

unameit New Around Here

Hi,

I recently switched Internet providers, and am now using PPPoE with a custom VLAN ID (100, for NBN in Australia). The router connects fine with the custom VLAN ID over PPPoE, but it shows as "Internet status: Disconnected" and it seems the internal DNS server is not working. Here is a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 02.26.27.png

What can I do to force the "Internet status" to "Connected"? I tried the various settings in the WAN PPPoE section, but none of them sets the "Internet status" to "Connected.
    Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 02.32.11.png
    What can I do to either
    * use a custom script for Internet detection (preferred), or
    * force Internet detection to "Connected"?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. joe scian

joe scian Regular Contributor

if you have dnssec enabled - disable it

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!