What's new

Internet Sometimes Stops Working, Sometimes Says Incorrect Password

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kian

Occasional Visitor
So sometimes my internet stops working, no pages load, and I have to disconnect from wifi and reconnect and it sometimes starts working again.

Sometimes when I reconnect to the wifi it says invalid password until I retype the same password and it connects to wifi again with internet working again sometimes

Sometimes i have to reboot router

I made no changes to the router but once this problem started i updated to latest stable release and reset to factory but problem persists

AC88U

Does it only happen during prime times (when everyone is streaming Netflix in your neighbourhood)?

Maybe you can try turning off Smart Connect and manually set a channel instead of ‘auto’. Use some kind of analyzer to find the channels least used.

Does it only happen during prime times (when everyone is streaming Netflix in your neighbourhood)?

Maybe you can try turning off Smart Connect and manually set a channel instead of ‘auto’. Use some kind of analyzer to find the channels least used.

Its happening when no one is using the internet. It seems to happen randomly. I rely on Smart Connect and its never given me a problem.

Edit: oh you said neighborhood. But its happening in the morning at 7AM so dont think so.

Sounds like this may be caused by device driver on your end point.

I just tried using the Asus Router iOS app and it said connection failed and lo and behold the iPhone has no internet now.

Sometimes some devices have internet while others dont.

I rely on Smart Connect and its never given me a problem.

Just set the SSIDs to be identical, you don’t ‘rely’ on Smart Connect. You only want Smart Connect when you easily saturate one band and would like the router to automatically kick your device to another.

Just because it’s never given you a problem doesn’t mean it’ll work flawlessly forever.

Are the problems on Apple devices?

Just set the SSIDs to be identical, you don’t ‘rely’ on Smart Connect. You only want Smart Connect when you easily saturate one band and would like the router to automatically kick your device to another.

Just because it’s never given you a problem doesn’t mean it’ll work flawlessly forever.

Are the problems on Apple devices?

Ah ok, didn't realize it did that. Ive turned it off and used Wi-Fi- Analyzer to find less saturated channels.

But is this really the problem when no one should really be using the internet right now? I guess its a wait and see at this point. Thanks for the help.

Ah ok, didn't realize it did that. Ive turned it off and used Wi-Fi- Analyzer to find less saturated channels.

But is this really the problem when no one should really be using the internet right now? I guess its a wait and see at this point. Thanks for the help.

I’ve seen it but only during busy hours (after dinner and before midnight) when everyone close by is using their Wifi heavily.

If it still happens try turning off Roam Assist too.

Which firmware version are you using?

I’ve seen it but only during busy hours (after dinner and before midnight) when everyone close by is using their Wifi heavily.

If it still happens try turning off Roam Assist too.

Which firmware version are you using?

Using latest stable release.

Using latest stable release.

Some saw stability improvements (especially in 2.4Ghz which is more probed to interference) using 384.6 alpha2. So if it’s annoying you too much might be worth it to give that a try and keep all the settings you like the same way they were.

Personally I’ve been using alpha2 and it’s been more stable than 384.5 as well.

So I checked my logs and see that I am getting a lot of DHCP requests from one unknown device on my network:

Jul 9 16:16:52 dnsmasq-dhcp[366]: DHCPDISCOVER(br0) 44:61:32:xx:xx:xx
Jul 9 16:16:52 dnsmasq-dhcp[366]: DHCPOFFER(br0) 192.168.1.214 44:61:32:xx:xx:xx
Jul 9 16:16:52 dnsmasq-dhcp[366]: DHCPDISCOVER(br0) 44:61:32:xx:xx:xx​

I wonder if this is attributing to the problem. I don't know how to find which device it is.

Yeah, that’s one of the symptoms some were seeing with 384.5, I don’t think it’ll directly affect other devices though.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!