What's new

Intrusion Protection & Block List

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sweetlyham

Occasional Visitor
Does the Merlin firmware offer any kind of intrusion protection and if so can we subscribe to block lists which have IPs that should be blocked?

For example I'd like to tell my router to block any incoming requests from IPs listed on this list, Emerging Threats, and to refresh it daily for new IPs.

Does the Merlin firmware offer any kind of intrusion protection and if so can we subscribe to block lists which have IPs that should be blocked?

For example I'd like to tell my router to block any incoming requests from IPs listed on this list, Emerging Threats, and to refresh it daily for new IPs.
There's the Skynet firewall script https://github.com/Adamm00/IPSet_ASUS , it's can be installed using amtm.

Anything that can be done in the GUI though?
Skynet has gui for viewing statistics, once setup skynet will automatically download a list of known bad malware ip’s and block it for you. It also works in conjunction with ASUS AI protection and DNS filters, so if those are enabled it will block known bad sites from trend micro’s list as well.

If you want to manually ban ip’s, countries, etc you have to do that through ssh amtm.

Only gui option is to use the firewall tab and manually type in a ip or use just ASUS AI protection.

Diversion also offers some protection in blocking ad’s which could be malicious, but again that’s done through amtm.

Skynet has gui for viewing statistics, once setup skynet will automatically download a list of known bad malware ip’s and block it for you. It also works in conjunction with ASUS AI protection and DNS filters, so if those are enabled it will block known bad sites from trend micro’s list as well.

If you want to manually ban ip’s, countries, etc you have to do that through ssh amtm.

Only gui option is to use the firewall tab and manually type in a ip or use just ASUS AI protection.

Diversion also offers some protection in blocking ad’s which could be malicious, but again that’s done through amtm.
Can I specify my own block lists for Skynet to use?

Could this be requested as a feature then as it would be handy to add own block lists with IPs for intrusion protection.

Some other lists I'd like to use:

Emerging Threats Compromised
CINS Army list
BlockListDE
This thread might interest you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!