What's new

iOS Shortcut for Diversion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just installed your well-designed Shortcut. I think it's important to add something on your website related to Apple's warning regarding allowing "untrusted" Shortcuts to be installed on users' devices. While the warning is necessary for the unknowing for Apple's sake, it's not necessary for installing Shortcuts that are technically trusted as yours is to people here. But it's a warning nonetheless and perhaps stating that it exists so users aren't surprised by it may be something to consider placing on your site. And thank-you.

I just installed your well-designed Shortcut. I think it's important to add something on your website related to Apple's warning regarding allowing "untrusted" Shortcuts to be installed on users' devices. While the warning is necessary for the unknowing for Apple's sake, it's not necessary for installing Shortcuts that are technically trusted as yours is to people here. But it's a warning nonetheless and perhaps stating that it exists so users aren't surprised by it may be something to consider placing on your site. And thank-you.
Done, thanks.

Yep, it always wants to use the public key, even when it lets you generate a key pair it won’t let you use the private one so it’s backwards as far as the router is concerned unfortunately

Yep, it always wants to use the public key, even when it lets you generate a key pair it won’t let you use the private one so it’s backwards as far as the router is concerned unfortunately
I didn't even realize they added keys to iOS 13. I was just able to generate a new key and manually append it to /tmp/home/root/.ssh/authorized_keys and run a script without typing a password.

EDIT: I've now appended it to my existing SSH key in the Authorized Keys box on the Administration / System tab and it still works. Now we're talking serious, secure geek automation possible.

Last edited:
An option to add a domain to whitelist would be good addition. My wife is a total non techie, but she can easily use the iOS shortcuts app.
A simple option to add a domain to whitelist via the iOS shortcuts would greatly ease the pain for a lot of users, there are times you wish a website was unblocked, and this may be the fastest way to achieve it.
thanks.

An option to add a domain to whitelist would be good addition. My wife is a total non techie, but she can easily use the iOS shortcuts app.
A simple option to add a domain to whitelist via the iOS shortcuts would greatly ease the pain for a lot of users, there are times you wish a website was unblocked, and this may be the fastest way to achieve it.
thanks.
How would your wife determine the exact domain name to be whitelisted? It's not usually the same as the name in the URL. o_O

How would your wife determine the exact domain name to be whitelisted? It's not usually the same as the name in the URL. o_O

Understood.... What is the best way to determine what site/ domain is being blocked?

Login via ssh, run diversion and follow the log file for blocked domains.
Is there a WebGUI or tool of some sorts to look at the log file? If not directly available in merlin, but can something be run on a different device to look at the log file?

My wonderful wife was online trying to purchase a "special limited release" Disney purse.
I used the occasion to learn how to reinstall all the wonderful scripts. Your iOS shortcut Disable/Enable option is greatly appreciated!
Unfortunately, I am the only person allowed to "mess" with the network, so all blame goes on me, whenever a hiccup occurs.
Again, Thank You for your great work/efforts towards scripts, which allow the routers to do much more than the stock fw!
I noticed that diversion breaks a number of disney sites and ads.
disney.com
mywdw.com
and i’m guessing others.

Diversion makes the addition of whitelisted sites an easy task.
The shortcut has been useful, since there is no logging into the computer to quickly on/off the Diversion script.
I use the standard list in Diversion without issues. The problem occurred with a specific shopping site (shopharveys.com) Disney and shopping Disney are The Wife Addictions.

Any idea of how to modify the shortcut to create options to enable & disable diversion from the main menu ie. not having to click through diversion options > enable/disable diversion

I tried, but couldnt get it working..

Any idea of how to modify the shortcut to create options to enable & disable diversion from the main menu ie. not having to click through diversion options > enable/disable diversion

I tried, but couldnt get it working..
I know, having to click through the menu option is a pain. How much time one wastes having to click two options instead of one.
Will the world end today I ask myself when looking at the Windows start Menu where one has to chose from Menu --> Power and then be presented with three options. This is truly a horrendous design for a paid operating system.

Move on and enjoy what one gets for free with Diversion.

Setting up Diversion iOS Shortcut on iOS 15: the syntax is different from the Diversion webpage description for iOS 12 link.

I tried URLs: Get Component of URL as that allows specifying username, password, URL and port. But this doesn't render any Diversion options. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: sorry, misread instructions. The first step is to get the URL from the Diversion webpage to the iOS Safari browser and then it's logical to set up URL, username, password and port, I think the Shortcuts security setting has changed to "Allow Running Scripts".

Last edited:
Just moved to an M1 iMac running OS X 12.1 and was pleasantly surprised to find Shortcuts, including my Diversion shortcut, installed and working on the desktop system. So it's not just for iOS anymore:)
Diversion shortcut is running on MacBook Pro (2020, Intel) with OS X 12.1

Loving the shortcut,been using it for a good while and find it really handy! Is it possible to install a timed setup so you get the option to turn off ad blocking for a set period,maybe10 minutes, 30 minutes or forever? There is the odd time I have to switch off the ad blocker to do things (mostly making sure cashback tracks properly with purchases) and sometimes I forget to switch it back on!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!