What's new

Ip conflict

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

save_code

New Around Here
Good day guys
please, I am new to networking, I have a problem with my new router, it browses very well on a laptop but once I connect it to my local server which has an IP 192.168.0.22 it doesn't allow the app to function again (can't even load the application that uses the above-mentioned IP)
Please, can anyone help on what to do

What router (make and model)?

What app? What is it used for?

What error messages do you get, and on which devices?

1. it's a smartbox router (airtel)
  2. The app is a call center application that is restricted to the network alone
  3. the application doesn't open at all

please, I am new to networking, I have a problem with my new router, it browses very well on a laptop but once I connect it to my local server which has an IP 192.168.0.22 it doesn't allow the app to function again (can't even load the application that uses the above-mentioned IP)
This may be time to call a friend over to give you a hand..... Otherwise, a lot more detail and basic info is going to be necessary.

Can you explain what you mean by "your router browses well on a laptop"? Do you mean your laptop connects to your router and you use a browser to get to web sites?

Then, how are you "connecting to your local server"?

Is your router running DHCP services? If so, what subnet range is it handing out address from?

What is the actually IP address of your laptop (assuming that is where you are running this "app")?

Has this app ever worked on this laptop?

Is there a mechanism to enable logging?

Did you get an actual up conflict error message or are you making an assumption? If an actual error, then are there other routers connected or other DHCP servers running?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!