What's new

iPhone 5s 5Ghz problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i am at most 4-5 meters away when it disconnects. This router has been more trouble than its worth. sick and tired of clearing nvram rebooting manually doing everything again etc. There is no way i am tossing the iPhone 5s which is a fantastic device. rt-ac66u ? i dunno. not happy with it

I don't know why you're having problem with iPhone 5s with 5GHz band, we have 2 iPhone 5s, 1 iPhone 5c, 2 iPhone 5, 1 iPad 3 and 1 iPad mini and all are fine with the EM drivers. I suspect your router is defective.

Some are having no issues, some like myself are.

Don't know why.

I encouraged you to try the 732.31 version and see what your results are.

If I started out my experience with the RT-N66U with one of these newer firmwares I'd have taken the router back too.

That would have been a mistake.

Even an earlier fw fixed the issue i'd not be happy about it at all. I am at .39 and i need to go back to 31 just for a basic feature? I dont think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"i need to go back to 31 just for a basic feature?"

Your call.

That's not how these firmwares are however. Nothing impaired about 732.31.

The expectation that each new firmware will work 100% in all the various and infinite combinations that exist in the real world applications of these routers is unrealistic.