What's new

IPTV Configuration from Huawei ONT to Asus RT-AX86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What I meant was that they gave me only one for IPTV. I have one for internet as well.
Then, you have to configure your ONT options. You should BIND LAN 1, 2, 3 with ID for others except LAN4 for IPTV.
From you ONT,

263: Choose '1_INTERNET_B_VID_263' > Bind LAN1, 2, 3 for VLAN 263.
266: Choose '2_IPTV_R_VID_266'> Bind LAN4 for VLAN 266.

Then, you have to configure your ONT options. You should BIND LAN 1, 2, 3 with ID for others except LAN4 for IPTV.
From you ONT,

263: Choose '1_INTERNET_B_VID_263' > Bind LAN1, 2, 3 for VLAN 263.
266: Choose '2_IPTV_R_VID_266'> Bind LAN4 for VLAN 266.
That won't work. I already suggested it. See post #11.

@mra1412 To use the RT-AX86U's IPTV function you need your ONT to pass all traffic (i.e. both VLANs, aka trunking) through one LAN port. At the moment the ONT is still separating the two VLANs into different outputs. As I said earlier I am not familiar with your ONT so I don't know whether it's possible to configure it that way.

Last edited:
That won't work. I already suggested it. See post #11.

@mra1412 To use the RT-AX86U's IPTV function you need your ONT to pass all traffic (i.e. both VLANs, aka trunking) through one LAN port. At the moment the ONT is still separating the two VLANs into different outputs. As I said earlier I am not familiar with your ONT so I don't know whether it's possible to configure it that way.
You are right. I tried binding the ONT's LAN port connected on the WAN side of the router and it worked (after enabling IGMP, of course). Looks like I'll have to see how I can combine both the internet and IPTV to the same LAN port of the ONT. What are my options?

I'm also talking with my ISP to see if they can help. Hopefully that works out.

@ColinTaylor So, after a lot of to and fro with my ISP, I've come to know that the ONT is not capable of sending both VLANs on the same port. I'll need a switch for that. Should I go for a managed switch or will any do?

@ColinTaylor So, after a lot of to and fro with my ISP, I've come to know that the ONT is not capable of sending both VLANs on the same port. I'll need a switch for that. Should I go for a managed switch or will any do?
It would have to be a managed switch. Unmanaged switches have no user interface to allow you to control the VLANs and their VLAN behaviour would not be guaranteed.

Hopefully someone here will be able to recommend a specific device for you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!