What's new

IPv6 connection type

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dsancho

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Could somebody explain to me what is the difference between IPv6 passtrough and native mode ?

Thanks

Hi,

Could somebody explain to me what is the difference between IPv6 passtrough and native mode ?

Thanks

I believe that the passthrough option forwards all ipv6 dhcp requests direct to your ISP.
Native option is manage by the router.

I suggest you simply try the different options until one is working. Since you connect to the WebUI via ipv4, you can still connect even when ipv6 doesn't work.

I suggest you simply try the different options until one is working. Since you connect to the WebUI via ipv4, you can still connect even when ipv6 doesn't work.
Hi
I've already made this test. Passthrough mode works but not native mode. That's why I'm asking for the difference. Just to know.
Thanks

Hi
I've already made this test. Passthrough mode works but not native mode. That's why I'm asking for the difference. Just to know.
Thanks

What type of ISP connection do you have? Is your ISP device ( cable modem, etc. ) in bridge mode or router/nat mode? On my setup, if I leave my ISP cable modem in router mode, Native IPv6 does not work. I have to place the cable modem in bridge mode for Native IPv6 to work. With my cable modem in normal router mode, then I have to use Passthrough IPv6 mode to get IPv6 to work.

What type of ISP connection do you have? Is your ISP device ( cable modem, etc. ) in bridge mode or router/nat mode? On my setup, if I leave my ISP cable modem in router mode, Native IPv6 does not work. I have to place the cable modem in bridge mode for Native IPv6 to work. With my cable modem in normal router mode, then I have to use Passthrough IPv6 mode to get IPv6 to work.

My French ISP device is a cable modem that I have configured in bridge mode. And only passthrough mode works for me unlike you...