What's new

IPv6 - No IPv6 Gateway

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sander_H

Occasional Visitor
Since my ISP announced last month that they are offering IPv6 in my area, I am trying to get it to work with not much luck :-(

I have cable (docsis 3.0) with the modem in bridge mode. My router, AC-86U has IPv6 enabled. This works on the LAN, but I do not seem to have an outgoing IPv6 (WAN) connection.
It should work, as others with same ISP and Asus router, have used the same setup. But it seems something is not right.

I am not really sure where to try and start resolving this. Any hints or tips?

1640473417978.png

1640473493104.png

1640473830156.png

Indeed I am running with the beta - do not want to run with stable due to the security issues in that version.

Note that I am not complaining that it does not work - i know the risk of running beta software.
What I want to understand is how I can trace the exact issue. What is the reason IPv6 is not working? The GUI and available logs in GUI do not provide me with clues.
And reporting an issue with Beta firmware just stating: "it does not work" will not help any devs either.

According to RMerling, it should work:

Personally I'd do a hard reset when using any beta firmware not just dirty, currently I'm using the latest stable with NextCNS CLI and Skynet also DHCPv6-PD - no issues here!

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039078

Regards,
Plush,,

According to RMerling, it should work:
IPv6 / DDND IPv6 both do indeed, work perfectly (for me) on 386_4_Beta2 so it can only be a 'setting' somewhere... that's preventing you achieving full IPv6 connectivity (although your images show essentially the same setup that I am using, apart from I don't know which router you have and I'm FTTH so no docsis is required in my case). Here's my latest post in the thread that you've added: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-386-4-beta-is-now-available.76258/post-731716