What's new

IPv6 Not working AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Have you thinked that IPV6 is differently implemented on each ISP? IPV6 on ASUS FW works fine for most of the people, but not with Comcast ISP...

PS: You don't need to send F bombs even I can understand you're being upset with the situation.

I believe this is the issue.

I have no issues with IPv6 with this firmware on my Canadian ISP.

Last edited:
I just called Comcast. My gigabit modem is not pushing the latest firmware, so they deemed the modem bad. A replacement is coming Tuesday. This seems to be why I can't get an ipv6 address
Hope that helps some

Just saw this post and checked and my ipv6 is also not functioning properly. I am on Videotron here in Quebec and they use 6rd. I have not checked in awhile but it was definitely working several months ago. Currently on Merlin 380.63_2. If I have time I might email my isp to see if anything has changed but it definitely worked in the past.

Just saw this post and checked and my ipv6 is also not functioning properly. I am on Videotron here in Quebec and they use 6rd. I have not checked in awhile but it was definitely working several months ago. Currently on Merlin 380.63_2. If I have time I might email my isp to see if anything has changed but it definitely worked in the past.

Rogers in Ontario uses DHCP-PD.

Also are you running Windows 10 AU?

If so IPv6 should also be set to

Auto Configuration Setting : Stateless

AU breaks it on Statefull

Rogers in Ontario uses DHCP-PD.

Also are you running Windows 10 AU?

If so IPv6 should also be set to

Auto Configuration Setting : Stateless

AU breaks it on Statefull

I`ve always set it up as per the instructions on Videotron's website and it always worked on both macOS and windows machines but now in both environments it fails the ipv6 tests. Someone broke something and no idea who but if I find anything out, I'll be sure to post back. Also, I did a factory reset and installed everything manually again and to no avail.

I just called Comcast. My gigabit modem is not pushing the latest firmware, so they deemed the modem bad. A replacement is coming Tuesday. This seems to be why I can't get an ipv6 address
Hope that helps some

Modem replaced, if I plug the modem into my computer, ipv6 test passes. using latest merlin, it does not

IPv6 works for me on 380.63.2 on an rt-ac87u and ac68u with time warner.

I also agree with the f word not needing to be used. It's tasteless and immature. Can't we get our point across with out using foul language?

Modem replaced, if I plug the modem into my computer, ipv6 test passes. using latest merlin, it does not

What site are you using for ipv6 testing?

And can you post the results of the test?

test-ipv6.com

Your IPv4 address on the public Internet appears to be xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

knob_info.png

Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) appears to be COMCAST-7922 - Comcast Cable Communications, LLC, US

knob_cancel.png

No IPv6 address detected [more info]
knob_valid_green.png

Good news! Your current configuration will continue to work as web sites enable IPv6.
knob_info.png

You appear to be able to browse the IPv4 Internet only. You will not be able to reach IPv6-only sites.
knob_valid_green.png

Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 Internet access.

ASUS support told me " Please put your ASUS router in AP mode and talk with Comcast support and ask for your modem to be put into bridge mode."

That doesn't seem to be right to me, does it?

Last edited:
I'm on Time Warner, in the Los Angeles area. My ipv6 works great with the latest from Merlin. This is on a rt-ac5300.

I should also point out that I threw away my Arris modem and replaced it with a zoom. Never had any ipv6 problems since then. That was about 6 months ago.

test-ipv6.com

Your IPv4 address on the public Internet appears to be xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

knob_info.png

Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) appears to be COMCAST-7922 - Comcast Cable Communications, LLC, US

knob_cancel.png

No IPv6 address detected [more info]
knob_valid_green.png

Good news! Your current configuration will continue to work as web sites enable IPv6.
knob_info.png

You appear to be able to browse the IPv4 Internet only. You will not be able to reach IPv6-only sites.
knob_valid_green.png

Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 Internet access.

ASUS support told me " Please put your ASUS router in AP mode and talk with Comcast support and ask for your modem to be put into bridge mode."

That doesn't seem to be right to me, does it?

So wait isn't your modem in bridge mode right now with asus router?

So wait isn't your modem in bridge mode right now with asus router?
The modem is in bridge mode. . Its a Tecnicolor TC4400 modem, not a modem/router combo. Just a modem.

Comcast confirmed that the modem is capable of ipv6, and its pushing out a signal for it

Last edited:
The modem isn't in bridge mode. There is no other mode for the modem per comcast. Its a Tecnicolor modem, not a modem/router combo. Just a modem.

In that case the router has nothing to do with it, since the prefix delegation is done with your modem, not with your router.

You cannot use IPv6 and DHCP-PD in a dual NAT environment.

In that case the router has nothing to do with it, since the prefix delegation is done with your modem, not with your router.

You cannot use IPv6 and DHCP-PD in a dual NAT environment.

So what do you suggest to get IPv6 working @RMerlin ? I misspoke, the modem, Technicolor TC4400, is in bridge mode.
I guess I need to know if it is a router issue, where I need to return/exchange it, or a setting issue.

Last edited:
So what do you suggest to get IPv6 working @RMerlin ? I misspoke, the modem, Technicolor TC4400, is in bridge mode.
I guess I need to know if it is a router issue, where I need to return/exchange it, or a setting issue.

I don't know. My ISP doesn't offer IPv6, and every ISP seems to implement it differently - sometimes even within their own networks. Comcast for instance works flawlessly for some users, or is very quirky for others using the exact same router but on a different node or with a different modem. IPv6 support is simply a mess at every levels.

If someone would like to give a try collecting some data when unable to get an ipv6 address.....
telnet/ssh to the router and enter

nvram set ipv6_debug=1
nvram commit
rm /tmp/syslog.*

Then reboot the router and post the syslog to a file sharing site.

If someone would like to give a try collecting some data when unable to get an ipv6 address.....
telnet/ssh to the router and enter

nvram set ipv6_debug=1
nvram commit
rm /tmp/syslog.*

Then reboot the router and post the syslog to a file sharing site.
I just did this on my AC5300, but it didn't seem to put anything into the syslog.log after reboot.

As other have stated Ipv6 works on the Asus 68p from best buy, not on the Asus 5300. I up graded the router, because I now have gigabit internet and the 68p was struggling to handle the devices and the speed, have gone back to 68p, until Asus fixes this. Note I have used 3.0.0.4.380.3941 and
380.63_2 for Merlin. Hope Asus fixes this other wise I have $300 paper wight. I need Ipv6 for gaming and other stuff. Comcast and Asus should work this out together. I think it is mainly Asus fult though.

Note I have used 3.0.0.4.380.3941 and
380.63_2 for Merlin.
Just to make sure I understand you correctly.....are you saying that with both the 68P and 5300 running 380.63_2, the 68P works with IPv6 and the 5300 doesn't?