What's new

IPv6 routing table flags

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Patrick9876

Regular Contributor
AX86U / Merlin 3004.388.5 (although I suspect this question also applies stock firmware on all ASUS routers)

In the display of the routing tables (System Log > Routing Table) the IPv4 table shows the standard flags that have been part of routing tables forever, but the IPv6 routing tables shows flags I've never seen before and can find nowhere on the web: A, D, E, P, etc. I won't surprised to find these as standard for IPv6 as G, H, and U are for IPv4 but they don't seem to be as well documented. Is there a definition for these flags somewhere? (I have no need to know, but this might help me understand IPv6. Unlikely, but I can hope.)

Well, that helps a little, but it makes me think there may not be a "standard". It defines A and D (along with the traditional U, G, and H) but doesn't mention E and P. In addition, the router's display doesn't show any cached addresses so doesn't seem to use the flag "C". (Or maybe there just aren't any cached addresses.)