What's new

IPv6 - should I change?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
My ISP (Zen Internet) is offering a free static IPv6 address for its customers, but at the moment I have no idea what the implications would be and what changes, if any, I would need to make to my RT-AX88U Pro router, currently running on the latest official firmware. My network setup is fairly simple; I have a Wireguard VPN server with just one tunnel in use at the moment (on my Samsung Galaxy A22 mobile phone) and I've temporarily set up a Surfshark VPN Fusion profile to serve my two FireTV Sticks, with everything else using the standard internet connection and Cloudflare as the DNS resolver. On the LAN side, I have four devices with fixed IP addresses, with the remainding devices auto-assigned from the DHCP server. Can anyone advise me please?

There are already multiple threads discussing the pros and cons of IPv6. There's no need to create yet another thread repeating the same information.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!