What's new

IPv6 stops working after a few days on R7800

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

June was the original expectation...if all goes well this could be earlier.

Am confirming this....but certainly hope earlier than August...

Have confirmed iOS fixes incorporated in V1.0.2.0 (were fixed in previous beta "R7800-V1.0.0.42-iphone6").

I can send via ReadyCloud...@garethr and @Killhippie...I have your email contacts...
Thanks, I have not loaded it yet due to health issues but I'll let you know as soon as I have. Does this contain all the updates and extras added up to and including V1.0.1.30?

After two days on the beta firmware my IPv6 has stopped working once again. The other IPv6 issues mentioned above also found in this beta firmware.

After two days on the beta firmware my IPv6 has stopped working once again. The other IPv6 issues mentioned above also found in this beta firmware.
I'm not surprised :( I have never got a Netgear router to run IPv6 properly, and tbh this beta came out way to fast to even have those IPv6 issues addressed in it.
I would either let @NETGEAR Guy know or actually contact Netgear yourself and explain the relevant issues Netgear may be able to sort out the issue of the IPv6 stopping working, but don't expect ever to get a perfect IPv6 firewall score where they don't filter traffic as they wont budge on what they consider a safety issue. Netgear told me before that what the firewall filters does not effect IPv6 usability (not your IPv6 stopping working issues) and that they wont change that filtering just to enable a perfect score on a IPv6 test page.

Hi tomkao...

Have reported your post to engineering. Waiting for their response.

Have again reported the IPv6 firewall comments...ie., ICMPv6 filtering, etc.

Beta firmware is working well for me. No problems with iOS clients, and IPv6 still working fine going on 4 days now.

I like it, thanks to Netgear Guy for providing it!

Beta firmware is working well for me. No problems with iOS clients, and IPv6 still working fine going on 4 days now.

I like it, thanks to Netgear Guy for providing it!
Working well here too, just hoping it gets released sooner rather than later. The iOS fix should have been rolled into v1.0.1.30 but there you go, at least it works now in the beta

So, better late than never, I was finally able to test the beta over the weekend and from what I can tell so far it is all working well (IPv6 as much as I'm able to test with a non native connection, and the iOS fix).

Netgears implementation of iPV6 is a bit messed up, it wont work with my provider and never has with any of their routers. I would suggest talking to @NETGEAR Guy as he can probably help or at least if this is an issue get it reported back to the relevant people at Netgear.

Sorry to dig this post out of the grave - the Operators are having issues as well with ipv6 - so Netgear's challenge is increased dramatically - might work on one, but not on another, and nothing to do with Netgear.

All the vendors have some level of challenges, as it's both a vendor and an operator opportunity to improve...

Sorry to dig this post out of the grave - the Operators are having issues as well with ipv6 - so Netgear's challenge is increased dramatically - might work on one, but not on another, and nothing to do with Netgear.

All the vendors have some level of challenges, as it's both a vendor and an operator opportunity to improve...
While I agree some ISP's are having issues, many like mine have had native IPv6 support for quite a few years now and when Asus, Billion, Linskys etc and even no brand name cheap routers provided by ISP's work out the box and the only router which never seems to works is the Netgear router, you have to start looking at the company that makes that product. Any router should be able to cover most bases by now considering how long manufacturers have been supporting IPv6 in their equipment.

@Killhippie Is this a more recent version than we'd been given a few weeks back or is it the same one? I've not seen any issue with that build but then my connection isn't native IPv6.

@NETGEAR Guy Its now June. Are we any closer to the promise production release of the firmware?

@Killhippie Is this a more recent version than we'd been given a few weeks back or is it the same one? I've not seen any issue with that build but then my connection isn't native IPv6.

@NETGEAR Guy Its now June. Are we any closer to the promise production release of the firmware?
Yes it is its V1.0.2.02 still no idea when the June release will be out but I wish it would be soon, then again the more bugs that are sorted the better. * Edit* Netgear have replied to me after testing this firmware that they have no ETA on a release :(

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!