What's new

Is Asus dropping support for lyra trio?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

takalti

Occasional Visitor
Hi All,
I have a DSL-AC68U running the latest 386 firmware, in an AIMesh configuration with 2 Lyra Trio running the 384 firmware (the latest in each case). Since updating to the 386 firmware I had increasing instances of the Lyra nodes dropping offline; to the point that I think I might need to go back to the 384 firmware on the 68u.
If Asus hasnt released a 386 firmware for the Lyra Trio yet, is that an indication that they wont in future? If not now might be the right time to upgrade the network.

I am looking at buying a house in the next 12 months and am deciding on the best way forward for the network - do I stick with AIMesh (ditching the Lyra Trios for a AX86U router and 2x AC68U nodes) or should I think about going to the Unifi ecosystem (UDM with additional UAP if/as required).

Regards, Joh.

Actually, looking at it the AX86U is probably a pointless investment with WIFI6E around the corner and its other features being next to useless right now - What that means is that for me its a case of either an AC86U or the Unifi UDM.

So just as a follow up to myself, I decided on the AC86U, and will move the AC68U into a node function. The Lyra Trios can go to ebay.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!