What's new

Is Huawei AX3 Pro worth buying?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

artup

New Around Here
There's new cheap wifi6 router available. I want to buy 3 units to create mesh network for 18 clients. I need a vpn access to the network and this is not possible with this router but I could use raspbery pi to create vpn access
Artur

Don't mix politics with technology. Huawei is the world's largest telecom equipment manufacturer and second largest cellphone manufacturer. Allegations, accusations, bans... $122 billion revenue in 2019. The dogs bark, but the caravan goes on. In regards of AX3 Pro router, reviews in multiple places show good performance. I use Huawei HG532e ADSL modem/router in a remote location. In last 7 years it never failed once. In comparison my last 2 Asus routers both failed in 2 years time.

Say NO to Huawei and anything Chinese owned/manufactured! There’s a reason they are BANNED in the US and now in the UK among several other countries too.

They steal technology from other nations and they are also reasonable claims they spy on the consumer as well. Stay away!

Let’s ban Google too. They spy on the consumers more than anyone else. Oh, it’s a US company. It’s allowed. :rolleyes:

I have bought two and use mesh. Very very fast. The setup is in Chinese though but you can auto translate in Google but only after you set the basics up (in Chinese) to get internet as you need internet to translate. Speeds are 100MBps in the same room and one floor below I get 77MBps. I might get a third one.

I have bought two and use mesh. Very very fast. The setup is in Chinese though but you can auto translate in Google but only after you set the basics up (in Chinese) to get internet as you need internet to translate. Speeds are 100MBps in the same room and one floor below I get 77MBps. I might get a third one.
I have read that it supports OFDMA but could't confirm that on Huawei 's web page. Can you check it on product sheet that came with the unit?
Artur

Does the AX3 Pro support WPA2 Enterprise or even WPA3 Enterprise? Have you found anything saying RADIUS based dynamic VLAN assignment? What about airtime fairness, 802.11k, 802.11r,...? What about maximum concurrent SSIDs?

Last edited: