What's new

Is it possible to run more than 5 OPVN Clients at once?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

trunkroll

New Around Here
I currently have 5 OpenVPN clients running through my AX86U router just fine. I am interested in adding a 6th and possibly more but there are only 5 slots available to configure clients. Is there any way to add more clients or is there some limitation on the hardware/software that prevents more than 5?

No, five is the number that were implemented because it's more than enough for any sane configuration. Each instance requires 1-2KB of nvram space for settings storage, and older models with 64 KB of nvram are already starting to have issue to not having enough nvram space available.

No, five is the number that were implemented because it's more than enough for any sane configuration. Each instance requires 1-2KB of nvram space for settings storage, and older models with 64 KB of nvram are already starting to have issue to not having enough nvram space available.
If one started openvpn directly at the command line pointed to a configuration file, would it launch or are there hooks to the firmware somewhere?

If one started openvpn directly at the command line pointed to a configuration file, would it launch or are there hooks to the firmware somewhere?
You would have to manually configure everything, including the firewall, routing tables, users, and so on. And there would be zero integration with the webui.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!