What's new

Is RT-AX58U dead on arrival or will even get any FW update?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RejZoR

Regular Contributor
Bought this router, had major problems with it having QoS or Ai Protection enabled together with IPTV, managed to get some test firmware for it which sort of fixes things and now it's been over 2 months since and this router still hasn't received any official updates. What's going on here?! These are rather new and have quite a lot of problems and yet it goes this long without any updates? I get it FW updates slow down as router matures and in the end it's just vulnerability fixes, but this is a new router and it seems to have no support by ASUS. Not what I was used with RT-Ac87U...

That router already received like three or four firmware updates since it was launched early this year, so I don't see any reason to panic here. 384_8601 was released only two months ago, which is nothing unusual in Asus's usual release schedule for current devices.

Bought this router, had major problems with it having QoS or Ai Protection enabled together with IPTV, managed to get some test firmware for it which sort of fixes things and now it's been over 2 months since and this router still hasn't received any official updates. What's going on here?! These are rather new and have quite a lot of problems and yet it goes this long without any updates? I get it FW updates slow down as router matures and in the end it's just vulnerability fixes, but this is a new router and it seems to have no support by ASUS. Not what I was used with RT-Ac87U...
You may not have noticed but there's a global pandemic, which unfortunately means there is likely going to be a delay in releasing new firmware for a consumer device.

That router already received like three or four firmware updates since it was launched early this year, so I don't see any reason to panic here. 384_8601 was released only two months ago, which is nothing unusual in Asus's usual release schedule for current devices.

It is a problem when router is so broken it can't be used any other way than using some test build handed over by some ASUS people. Sort of unofficially. I'd prefer having a functioning OFFICIAL build on it...

ASUS RT-AX3000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.9354
- Fixed openvpn related issue
- Fixed Let's encrypt related issue
- Fixed Parental control issue
- Fixed system unstable when applying specfic iptv profile
- Fixed AiCloud share link bugs.
- Fixed AiCloud connection bugs with AiMusic App.
- Fixed AiMesh advanced parameters synchronize issue
- Fixed offline client removing problem with ASUS router app.
- Adaptive QoS supported more apps

So the routing gods have finally blessed us with the update :) Just checked it myself and seen it.

This also means all these fixes will sometime soon land in Merlin builds :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!