What's new

Is the D-Link DAP-1522 dual band?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

neuropulse

New Around Here
Greetings,

There is a footnote at the end of the description of the DAP-1522 that reads:

"* Due to government regulations the 5.25~5.35GHz and 5.47~5.725GHz wireless bands are removed."

What the heck does that mean? Are those something different than 5GHz?

The product description says over and over than it is dual band and uses 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=663

Thanks

I can't tell you about new DLink DAP-1522's, because I bought mine about 18 months ago, but mine *is* dual-band.

Maybe they've just removed two frequencies from the newer ones?

I haven't updated my firmware in a year or so, so maybe I'd lose those frequencies if I did? Updating firmware hasn't been necessary, as it's been running pretty much flawlessly.

Overall, the product works great. I'm very happy with it. It was either spend $100 on it, or spend $80 on a wireless N antenna for my 360....this way I also give access to 3 other devices in the living room, for just a bit more.

I've got mine connected to the 5GHz signal broadcast by my WNDR3700.

Plef5204

Yes, it is dual band. Those frequencies stated as being removed, were so(on all consumer devices using the freq.) for fear that they may interfere with military equipment. Here in the US only the middle band of 4 channels(allowed by FCC) were removed, we still have 9 non overlapping channels to work with(that is 3 times the spectrum of 2.4GHz). The lower band(36-48, low pwr) and upper band(149-165, high pwr). Some channels in the upper band can interfere with 5GHz cordless phones that operate @ 5.8GHz.

The No. American regulations limit transmit power in parts of the 5.8GHz band to a rather low limit. The products' firmware is supposed to enforce those rules by being setup as country-specific.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!