What's new

Is the Range of all Wireless the -same-

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mobiledynamics

Occasional Visitor
I have a AP in the garden shed. It's a older 802 ABGN Dual Radio Aruba. The shed is primarily wood construction. However, right next to the shed is also a Pizza Brick Oven with lotsa of brick, CMU, etc.

The pool house is about 50 feet away and I get decent signal - 60DB
However, behind the pool house (edge of the property and roughly 70 feet away), where the pump is, I don't get any decent signal.

Is the range if all *wireless AP's* more or less the same since it's govt mandated on how much power it can emit ? I would still -prefer- to keep the AP inside the garden shed or put a --- directional AP --- inside the garden shed -shooting/in the direction- of the dead zone coverage area behind the pool house. Otherwise, at the same time of looking at different AP,s I may need to consider either a outdoor general AP or a outdoor directional AP...

I have a AP in the garden shed. It's a older 802 ABGN Dual Radio Aruba. The shed is primarily wood construction. However, right next to the shed is also a Pizza Brick Oven with lotsa of brick, CMU, etc.

The pool house is about 50 feet away and I get decent signal - 60DB
However, behind the pool house (edge of the property and roughly 70 feet away), where the pump is, I don't get any decent signal.

Is the range if all *wireless AP's* more or less the same since it's govt mandated on how much power it can emit ? I would still -prefer- to keep the AP inside the garden shed or put a --- directional AP --- inside the garden shed -shooting/in the direction- of the dead zone coverage area behind the pool house. Otherwise, at the same time of looking at different AP,s I may need to consider either a outdoor general AP or a outdoor directional AP...

The transmitted power may be similar, but what an AP does with the signal can vary and make a difference.

A brick oven (masonry mass) can degrade/block WiFi.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!