What's new

Is the ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 being discontinued?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Possibly, it's a 2 year old overpriced router. I wouldn't come near it with a 10 foot pole! There are much better routers now for less money.

Can you recommend one that is similar and has the same feature set?
1) Do you need WiFi 6E?
2) Do you need a tri-band router or would dual band be enough?
3) Are you in a rush now or can you wait for 3-6 months? ASUS is releasing new WiFi 7 routers soon which means there will be newer and better routers or that means it would cause the current routers to drop in price.

If you don't need WiFi 6E and Tri Band, then you can get the ASUS GT-AX6000, it has their new 2.0 GHz CPU, has excellent Wireless range and superb speeds. In addition, it has dual 2.5G ports.

If you must have WiFi 6E and Tri band, then you can get the the GT-AXE16000

1) Do you need WiFi 6E?
2) Do you need a tri-band router or would dual band be enough?
3) Are you in a rush now or can you wait for 3-6 months? ASUS is releasing new WiFi 7 routers soon which means there will be newer and better routers or that means it would cause the current routers to drop in price.

If you don't need WiFi 6E and Tri Band, then you can get the ASUS GT-AX6000, it has their new 2.0 GHz CPU, has excellent Wireless range and superb speeds. In addition, it has dual 2.5G ports.

If you must have WiFi 6E and Tri band, then you can get the the GT-AXE16000

I think I may go for the GT-AX6000. What do you think of it?

I think I may go for the GT-AX6000. What do you think of it?
It's the best router I ever owned. Excellent wireless coverage and superb performance, not one disconnection since I got it unlike the previous RT-AX88U which used to work great on earlier firmware but on the newer firmware it was disconnecting randomly all the time. It was so good that I couldn't resist and bought 2 of them to connect them in AiMesh mode (one downstairs in my house and the other one upstairs for seamless connection switching and max speeds all across the house.

I bought a used AX11000 for $180 about a year ago...it's been solid ever since. I like having the 3 bands available:

2.4ghz = IoT devices (nest, cell phones etc...)
5.1ghz = all streaming devices
5.2ghz = all gaming devices

They're alot of newer Asus devices (probably nicer/better) out there but if you can get a hold for one (used) at a decent price (under $250) don't count them out. Best of luck!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!