What's new

Is the RT-AC3200 even being updated by ASUS?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Already a thread running :

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac3200-public-beta-firmware-release.54594/

If you look at previous answers in this thread you'd see that the AC3200 and AC87U won't be getting AiMesh .

You may be right but where's the proof? There are posts that say the 3200 will get AiMesh. #4 and #11. There are others that say it won't get AiMesh. Asus customer support says one thing and then they say the opposite. I've asked them myself a few times and I've gotten:

1. Nov. 2018 - Yes, it will get AiMesh in Q1/19.
2. Dec. 2018 - No, it won't. On checking again, Yes, it will Q1/19.
3. Jan. 2019 - Still the plan. Haven't heard otherwise.
4. Mid-Jan. 2019 - Don't have any information.

I just wish there was a definitive answer from someone in the position to know so I can decide whether to replace my 3200 with something else or keep it. I am skeptical it will get AiMesh at this point. It's been a year since the other models got AiMesh.

Last edited:
You may be right but where's the proof? There are posts that say the 3200 will get AiMesh. #4 and #11. There are others that say it won't get AiMesh. Asus customer support says one thing and then they say the opposite. I've asked them myself a few times and I've gotten:

1. Nov. 2018 - Yes, it will get AiMesh in Q1/19.
2. Dec. 2018 - No, it won't. On checking again, Yes, it will Q1/19.
3. Jan. 2019 - Still the plan. Haven't heard otherwise.
4. Mid-Jan. 2019 - Don't have any information.

I just wish there was a definitive answer from someone in the position to know so I can decide whether to replace my 3200 with something else or keep it. I am skeptical it will get AiMesh at this point. It's been a year since the other models got AiMesh.

Today I got an Email form ASUS Customer Service (Germany)

They wrote in regards to AC-3200….

Router without AiMesh Support until now will stay also in the future without AiMesh support.

There was also a reply that stated the 87U and 3200 wouldn't get AiMesh due to technical constraints.

Merlin said the they were doing service updates but no new features ......

I used to use the RT-AC3200 and it indeed does fully support 1gpbs WAN (tested it with 300mbp/s and obviously it worked). Also the reviews prove this.
There is nothing wrong with the router.

I used to use the RT-AC3200 and it indeed does fully support 1gpbs WAN (tested it with 300mbp/s and obviously it worked). Also the reviews prove this.
There is nothing wrong with the router.
I am not saying others not gets 1Gbps it is just that an rt-ac87u is showing 1Gbps and if i then plug that cable on the 3200 it shows 100Mbps. That tells me it is nothing wrong with the cable, nor can it has something with the firmware. But it has to do with the hardware (nic for wan). Why has it then suddenly changed speed?

I am not saying others not gets 1Gbps it is just that an rt-ac87u is showing 1Gbps and if i then plug that cable on the 3200 it shows 100Mbps. That tells me it is nothing wrong with the cable, nor can it has something with the firmware. But it has to do with the hardware (nic for wan). Why has it then suddenly changed speed?

The Ethernet link rate depends on the health of the connected NICs and cable. If they all spec out for Gigabit Ethernet, then it should be so. Try swapping equipment and cables around to isolate the problem hardware; then replace it to recover full spec operation.

OE

The Ethernet link rate depends on the health of the connected NICs and cable. If they all spec out for Gigabit Ethernet, then it should be so. Try swapping equipment and cables around to isolate the problem hardware; then replace it to recover full spec operation.

OE
You see i have also an RT-AC 87U as i was writing,and is hooked up with a cable and act as an accesspoint. The GUI Shows 1Gbps (WAN).
OK now you now that this cable is OK it shows 1Gbps. Now i then use that cable and hook it to an RT-AC 3200U and it shows 100Mbps (do you follow me now?.
This tells me the cable is OK.
Now it has to do with the physical port for WAN, LAN ports shows 1Gbps on all 4

You see i have also an RT-AC 87U as i was writing,and is hooked up with a cable and act as an accesspoint. The GUI Shows 1Gbps (WAN).
OK now you now that this cable is OK it shows 1Gbps. Now i then use that cable and hook it to an RT-AC 3200U and it shows 100Mbps (do you follow me now?.

I understand that your 3200 WAN connection is reporting 100 Mbps when it should be 1 Gbps. And that you have proven the cable supports 1 Gbps. So either the 3200 WAN port and/or the upstream connection port (ISP modem?) are now suspect.

Connect your 87U as a normal router to your ISP connection. What is its WAN link rate speed?

OE

Still.... try another cable

Still.... try another cable

Indeed , I have 2 expensive "gold " contact ethernet leads that will not work at all between router and my desktop PC , both however work fine with other devices.

It's easier to test with another lead before spending time on other things.

The other thing to check and I have seen this many times with various Asus routers is the actual connection on your PC you find it is using 100Mbps instead of 1Gbps.

Task Bar > Internet Network Access > Open Internet Settings > Change adaptor options > click > check connection speed.
If that is showing 100Mbps delete the connection and restart the PC.

Haven't been following 100% lately, any (confirmed) news on the RT-AC3200 and with AiMesh?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!