What's new

JFFS ico file - RT-AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I bet the problem comes from the fact that multiple clients are masquerading under the same MAC due to the repeater.
Hi RMerlin!
I have the WNDR4500 connected to RT-AC3200, but what I've done is I connected the LAN port of AC3200 to LAN port of WNDR4500. Disabled DHCP on the WNDR4500, gave it a static LAN IP so it just repeats the WIFI and also has its LAN ports working. Everything is working as I want, except I got this problem of /jffs/usericon filling up with a file mac_of_wndr4500.ico I know it's a weird way to setup a repeater. I'll try disconnecting it and see what happens.

Teymur

One of my routers is the RT-AC87U, it is on 384.13_10 Asuswrt-Merlin.
I am still experiencing this problem. The file gets so big that scripts like nextdns just stop working.

Maybe a script which runs periodically and checks for this file and deletes it would be the best solution.

One of my routers is the RT-AC87U, it is on 384.13_10 Asuswrt-Merlin.
I am still experiencing this problem. The file gets so big that scripts like nextdns just stop working.

Maybe a script which runs periodically and checks for this file and deletes it would be the best solution.
A little Linux trick to delete a file and replace it with a directory with the same filename, this ensures that the file(name) won't be written (unless the directory is deleted)
example code:
Code:
rm -f /jffs/usericon/2cb05d2fa94e.ico; mkdir /jffs/usericon/2cb05d2fa94e.ico