What's new

Kamoj Kamoj add-on V5 for Netgear R7800 X4S and R9000 X10

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hey Kamoj,

I had a question for you, but first my specs:
R7800, FW:V1.0.2.81.1SF (Voxel). Kamoj Add-on: 5.00.

I have my router set up behind a modem, connected to the WAN port on the modem. The router handles all the routing for part of my network, and passes the internet connection through to the modem.

However, every so often (rather regularly, perhaps every 16 hours or so), the R7800 becomes invisible to my network and everything is still passed through, but I can no longer connect to the router, or anything connected to the router. All traffic routing APPEARS to be then handled by the modem instead of the router. When this occurs, the adblocking function stops working, I can't connect to the router through the web interface, and I can't access the external hard drive on the network anymore.

I don't know enough about networking to know why this is happening. I'm assuming it's a bug in the firmware, but I don't know if it's in your addon firmware, or in Voxel's base firmware. Unfortunately, I can't check if it's Voxel's firmware, because you don't support any newer versions of his firmware, and I consider your addon to be essential.

Have you any idea what might be causing this issue? When it occurs, I reboot the router (manually) and it functions normally again. I tried setting a script on the router that reboots it every day, but I don't think the script is running properly. The router doesn't seem to be rebooting itself.

Thanks.

I can't explain your issue at all, and doubt the add-on has anything to do with it.
What are the temperatures in the router?

The new add-on has quite a number of supervision, logging and restarting functions that might help.
You can join the beta testing, or wait some more time for the new add-on to be public.

Hey Kamoj,

I had a question for you, but first my specs:
R7800, FW:V1.0.2.81.1SF (Voxel). Kamoj Add-on: 5.00.

I have my router set up behind a modem, connected to the WAN port on the modem. The router handles all the routing for part of my network, and passes the internet connection through to the modem.

However, every so often (rather regularly, perhaps every 16 hours or so), the R7800 becomes invisible to my network and everything is still passed through, but I can no longer connect to the router, or anything connected to the router. All traffic routing APPEARS to be then handled by the modem instead of the router. When this occurs, the adblocking function stops working, I can't connect to the router through the web interface, and I can't access the external hard drive on the network anymore.

I don't know enough about networking to know why this is happening. I'm assuming it's a bug in the firmware, but I don't know if it's in your addon firmware, or in Voxel's base firmware. Unfortunately, I can't check if it's Voxel's firmware, because you don't support any newer versions of his firmware, and I consider your addon to be essential.

Have you any idea what might be causing this issue? When it occurs, I reboot the router (manually) and it functions normally again. I tried setting a script on the router that reboots it every day, but I don't think the script is running properly. The router doesn't seem to be rebooting itself.

Thanks.

Hi Kamoj,

Danlat hooked me up with the beta version, so I'm all updated. You've added a lot of new features. I'm still testing, but the new firmware seems to be faster than the old firmware. Will have to post back later with long-term results. Temps seem slightly high - 147° (~64 C?) while tooling around with settings in the Kamoj menu. Router is on a wood shelf in an airconditioned room.

I will add one thing though: I do wish there was an easy way to add different adblock lists and have them update automatically. I use a couple of the presets and then manually add the EasyList to the Blacklist filter. Seems to work good, but requires manual updates.

Love your work. Your modded firmware is a huge step up from the Linux derivative I was using before. So many options, and easy to use.

Hi Kamoj,

Is there a way to let the VPN Bypass do the opposite.
Only let certain devices use the VPN?

Is there a way to let the VPN Bypass do the opposite.
Only let certain devices use the VPN?
I know there is, but it is not exposed via GUI.
in theory:
Code:
nvram set kamoj_reverse_bypass_vpn=1
nvram set kamoj_ips_to_vpn="192.168.1.10 192.168.1.99"
nvram commit
addon_bypassvpnip.sh force

These switches only reverse the bypass for br0

so you might also want to enable the bypass for tun0 (if you have mobile devices that connect to your router with OpenVPN)
Code:
nvram set kamoj_interfaces_to_bypass_vpn=tun0
nvram commit

and you might want to enable bypass for the router, via GUI option "Router it-self bypass VPN" or via
Code:
nvram set kamoj_router_bypass_vpn=1
nvram commit

I think all versions of Kamoj add-on were beta.
But it was added a year ago or so:

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 2022-09-10 5.5b27
---------------------------------------------------------------
- Wireguard client: Improved logging of used configuration file.
- Wireguard client + OpenVPN client: Changed lead text (@jberry):
Synchronize addon created configurations with USB-device
- Help & Support: Added links to "Netgear GPL Code", "Netgear Community" and "SNB Forums"
- Configurable wait for WAN connection at boot before starting addons.sh (DNS / VPN a.o.)
Supervision: BOOT SETTINGS: Max wait time for Internet: Addon start/Router boot
- Configurable wait for WAN connection at boot before starting adguard (@jberry)
Supervision: BOOT SETTINGS: Max wait time for Internet: AdGuard Home
(This time will start after the timer above has elapse, i.e. be additional.)
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/k...0-r8900-r9000-with-voxel-fw.76440/post-784748
- Minor editorials and refactoring

First of all, thanks as always to kamoj! New update is installed and working without issue! There is a mistake in the link though. It contains an extra "-kamoj" in the link/name. Once removed the link works fine.
Thanks so much for your continued support @kamoj and @Voxel

First of all, thanks as always to kamoj! New update is installed and working without issue! There is a mistake in the link though. It contains an extra "-kamoj" in the link/name. Once removed the link works fine.
Thanks so much for your continued support @kamoj and @Voxel
Very sorry for that silly mistake.
I'm glad we have such a skilled and helpful community!
Thank you!

Last edited:
been using this add-on for a long time with my r7800 /
now I upgraded the firmware to R7800-V1.0.2.105SF and I'm unable to get the add-on to install.
tried it numerous times; same thing /

Attachments

• k.JPG
    k.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 59
been using this add-on for a long time with my r7800 /
now I upgraded the firmware to R7800-V1.0.2.105SF and I'm unable to get the add-on to install.
tried it numerous times; same thing /
What is the size of the file on your router ? What is the version of the add-on ? I bet the download is corrupted.
Just downloaded and installed Mr @kamoj latest add-on and it installed like a charm.
Here is the size of the add-on on my R7800 router :

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 472704 Nov 11 16:33 kamoj-addon_231111-163014-5.5b36_ipq806x.ipk

Last edited:
What is the size of the file on your router ? What is the version of the add-on ? I bet the download is corrupted.
Just downloaded and installed Mr @kamoj latest add-on and it installed like a charm.
Here is the size of the add-on on my R7800 router :

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 472704 Nov 11 16:33 kamoj-addon_231111-163014-5.5b36_ipq806x.ipk
no idea of the size, I'm using the instructions on the first page of this thread (meaning I'm not using the same beta version as you) /
I tried it again: same thing /
It's kind of odd, for years I didn't have the slightest problem with installing this add-on /

Attachments

• k02.JPG
    k02.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 47
no idea of the size, I'm using the instructions on the first page of this thread (meaning I'm not using the same beta version as you) /
I tried it again: same thing /
It's kind of odd, for years I didn't have the slightest problem with installing this add-on /
I'm getting the same issue as you.
Filesize is 1kb only.
Tried to download in windows, same error

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2023-11-11 203126.png
    Captura de tela 2023-11-11 203126.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Captura de tela 2023-11-11 203138.png
    Captura de tela 2023-11-11 203138.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Captura de tela 2023-11-11 203157.png
    Captura de tela 2023-11-11 203157.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 41
UPDATE!
2023-11-11:

Download of this version of the Kamoj addon now results in a 404 error (file does not exist).
The reason is not known, we have to wait for @Voxel or @vladlenas to answer why the addon is removed.

I strongly recommend all users of the addon to upgrade to currently active and supported version as
in the thread: Kamoj Addon 5.5 Beta for Netgear R7800/R8900/R9000 with Voxel FW

Read the first post and send a PM (private message) to Kamoj himself, telling him something
about yourself and your router usage. If you show your appreciation by pressing "Like" on postings by
contributors to the community, it will give them a small but very important reason for continue
supporting these routers.

/Kamoj

Hey Kamoj,

I think i messed up the things, Ive update voxel firmaware forgetting to remove your addons first.
Not the 7800 works but it's not able to connect internet anymore.

Trying to remove the package with opkg it says it's not installed.
I managed to remove setting from nvram but still can't connect to internet.

Help, please.

Thank you

Hey Kamoj,

I think i messed up the things, Ive update voxel firmaware forgetting to remove your addons first.
Not the 7800 works but it's not able to connect internet anymore.

Trying to remove the package with opkg it says it's not installed.
I managed to remove setting from nvram but still can't connect to internet.

Help, please.

Thank you
Ok, i managed to get all working again by resetting to factory settings.

Wow i got an heart shock.

Thank you

I want to use ipvanish openvpn, when I download the .ovpn file from my ipvanish account, I open it and copy the entire content and insert it into Create/Edit an OpenVPN Client Configuration manually in the input field, then enter my ipvanish account and password into User Identity/Name
Password, and press Create, when I have the new .ovpn file I press the blue Start VPN, then I check the IP, it is still the service provider's IP, it is not the IP of IPVanish, can anyone help me solve it?

I want to use ipvanish openvpn, when I download the .ovpn file from my ipvanish account, I open it and copy the entire content and insert it into Create/Edit an OpenVPN Client Configuration manually in the input field, then enter my ipvanish account and password into User Identity/Name
Password, and press Create, when I have the new .ovpn file I press the blue Start VPN, then I check the IP, it is still the service provider's IP, it is not the IP of IPVanish, can anyone help me solve it?
You should complain to ipvanish!
All their 2383 configuration files are incompatible with later OpenVPN versions.
Please remove the line "keysize 256" and remove the line "comp-lzo",
and possibly also add the line:
data-ciphers AES-256-CBC:AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM

I don't have a Ipvanish account, so I can not test it.
Hovever, the config below worked as much as the server only complained about wrong password:
Code:
client
dev tun
proto udp
remote sto-a01.ipvanish.com 443
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
persist-remote-ip
verify-x509-name sto-a01.ipvanish.com name
auth-user-pass ipvanish-sto-a1.auth
#comp-lzo
verb 3
auth SHA256
# NEW:
data-ciphers AES-256-CBC:AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM
cipher AES-256-CBC
#keysize 256
tls-cipher TLS-DHE-RSA-WITH-AES-256-CBC-SHA:TLS-DHE-DSS-WITH-AES-256-CBC-SHA:TLS-RSA-WITH-AES-256-CBC-SHA
<ca>
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----
</ca>

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!