What's new

LFTP [entware] not saving config / settings / bookmarks

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

viceversa

New Around Here
Hello all, I have installed LFTP via entware which works great but I have found that it will not save my configuration settings such as bookmarks. I also would like to setup alias commands which are to be saved in a conf file located at "/etc/lftp.conf" but it does not appear to exist. Anybody have any insight into this?

Hello all, I have installed LFTP via entware which works great but I have found that it will not save my configuration settings such as bookmarks. I also would like to setup alias commands which are to be saved in a conf file located at "/etc/lftp.conf" but it does not appear to exist. Anybody have any insight into this?

I think /etc is read only or something similar.

Can you set some environmental var in /tmp/mnt/entware/etc/profile (or wherever the entware "profile" file is) that will change the default location of the lftp config file to some location on your entware (or other writeable) partition?

You may need to find the lftp man page to answer that.

Entware version of lftp uses /opt/etc/lftp.conf and stores bookmarks in root's home dir
/tmp/home/root/.local/share/lftp/bookmarks

Thanks for the tips guys. I have bookmarks working now but I'm not sure how...they just started working somehow and I confirmed the saved entry in /tmp/home/root/.local/share/lftp/bookmarks.

Regarding the alias, I was under the impression a lftp.conf file would be already be created at /opt/etc/lftp.conf. I created my own and everything works :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!