What's new

LG DryWash Machine Does not Connect - ASUS RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MarceloCosta

New Around Here
I have a new LG DryWash machine, model WD17SV2S6B. This device is a 2.4GHz wi-fi capable only device, and I'm facing a lot of issue to make it connect to my ASUS RT-AX88U router. I tried everything that I know, including completely disable the 5GHz network, disable SmartConnect, TrendMicro protection, etc., but nothing worked. I have a 2019 LG refrigetrator and a 2014 LG LED TV which don't have any issues to connect to ASUS router.

However, the drywash machie is able to connect to my smartphone wi-fi router. That also worked with an old D-Link DIR-655 router.
Do you have any ideas what could I test or use to debug this connectivity issue?

Do you use WPA3-Personal or WPA2/WPA3-Personal? If so the client may not like it. I set up a guest WIFI on 2.4 GHz for my IoT devices and one old iPod Touch. Used just WPA2 and the iPod works well. Also use a simple SSID with eight alpha (upper and/or lower case) and numeric characters. No special characters or spaces. Same for the password.

I'v tried to setup a single 2.4Ghz network without WP3. Password and SSID also does not have symbols, just alphanumeric. No progress.

Did you try to upgrade the LG firmware? See:

Did you try to upgrade the LG firmware? See:

Holy moly... what a bunch of IoT! For what?... so your washer can nag at you when its cycle is done? I don't get it.

OE

Did you try to upgrade the LG firmware?

I'm using LG ThinQ washer and dryer and no issues with Wi-Fi connection, but my appliances are perhaps different models and my Wi-Fi system is not Asus routers based. The new ThinQ App has firmware check function and I think the dance with 2x cell phones is no longer necessary.

For what?

There are some useful things like Smart Pairing - the washer sends information about the load to the dryer to optimize the drying cycle. In theory saves energy and clothes wear. Or downloadable custom cycles to both appliances, different than what's available on the fixed control panel.

Last edited:
There are some useful things like Smart Pairing - the washer sends information about the load to the dryer to optimize the drying cycle. In theory saves energy and clothes wear. Or downloadable custom cycles to both appliances, different than what's available on the fixed control panel.

I see such differences in cheap machines vs more expensive machines, but I don't see WiFi making a difference between well-engineered machines... not a difference I've gotta have and I'm pretty particular about my laundry. But I'll watch for it while my current machines wear on.

OE

I recently bought a new dehumidifier. My decision was between two brands. I chose the one without Wi-Fi!

but I don't see WiFi making a difference between well-engineered machines...

The mechanical parts are all the same and not well engineered. They are mostly made to survive number of cycles. Less in North America due to 12-month standard warranty, more in Europe due to 24-month standard warranty. Plastic everywhere and as cheap as possible. Wi-Fi, number of different cycles, buttons shape, display, b/w or color, chrome elements, some stainless finish plastic... this is the main difference pumping the price up and making the product look more expensive. Wi-Fi and "smart" was never a requirement for me. It just came with it. My wife uses Normal cycle 95% of the time.

I chose the one without Wi-Fi!

Of course! When it reaches the pre-set humidity level it has to stop. When the humidity increases it has to start. This is all it has to do.

Try disabling (Wireless.General) Protected Management Frames or setting it to Capable.
My LG C1 TV didn't connect to RT-AX-88U when Protected Management Frames set to Required.

I’m glad someone else is having this issue. My LG WashTower connected after 10x tries but disconnects very often. Very frustrating!

If they "require" it we can give them an SSID that drops all packets to and from the LAN or WAN.

I'v tried to setup a single 2.4Ghz network without WP3. Password and SSID also does not have symbols, just alphanumeric. No progress.

There's an airtime fairness switch (on/off) that can help with some IoT devices in the 2.4GHz band...

that, and the advice about running WPA2 vs WPA2/3 holds true - there are a lot of devices out there that can have issues with the mixed-mode approach.

One more thing - you might be range limited - 2.4GHz can usually cover a 1500-2000 sq ft single floor home home without issue, but this also is dependent on the client side radio... if the antenna is deep inside a metal box (which a clothes drier typically is), that could be a challenge...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!