What's new

LG OLED C8 and RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The DNS Filtering was the cause, removed it for all clients and I'm trying to check if I still need it.

At this moment it is working with ethernet cable and without the DNS Filtering.

Thanks for the ideas!

WHY!!!!... I didn't read this yesterday.... :mad::(

Exactly the same problem with my new LG B9 and 1900p (same fw as 68U). I even tried usb 2.0 ethernet to usb dongle and it exhibited the same issue as wifi and wired...
I was fighting with this issue for 4-5 days. I've changed settings on my router... static IP (outside of DHCP pool)... tried this and that... I talked to LG rep and they told me to return TV to the store.
My dear wife wasn't too happy about it, because she had to help me with it. I got the TV last night and guess what the same freaking problem.... Then I thought it has to be a setting on my router. I have over 30 clients on my network and I've never had any issues before... This is one weird problem to solve....

After turning DNS filtering everything works....

Thanks again guys!!!! :D:D:D :)

BTW... @terribell did you try to set "No filtering" only for TV and have it enabled for the rest of the network? I might try it...

WHY!!!!... I didn't read this yesterday.... :mad::(

Exactly the same problem with my new LG B9 and 1900p (same fw as 68U). I even tried usb 2.0 ethernet to usb dongle and it exhibited the same issue as wifi and wired...
I was fighting with this issue for 4-5 days. I've changed settings on my router... static IP (outside of DHCP pool)... tried this and that... I talked to LG rep and they told me to return TV to the store.
My dear wife wasn't too happy about it, because she had to help me with it. I got the TV last night and guess what the same freaking problem.... Then I thought it has to be a setting on my router. I have over 30 clients on my network and I've never had any issues before... This is one weird problem to solve....

After turning DNS filtering everything works....

Thanks again guys!!!! :D:D:D :)

BTW... @terribell did you try to set "No filtering" only for TV and have it enabled for the rest of the network? I might try it...

For the moment I have no DNS Filtering for any device on the network, when I have the time I will try to enable it and disable the TV.

Alright guys! Who can explain how I turn off this DNS filtering in a very user-friendly way? :) I just upgraded to an Asus router, and since then, my LG CX doesn't work as it should. I have problems with both wired and wifi, and I have already gone crazy and called the LG support service, and of course reinstalled the TV etc.

Feels like this might be the solution though.

Looking for the DNS filtering in the ASUS RT-AC86U-"admin view" which I can access both the PC and the phone. Would be great if someone could just explain EXACTLY what I need to do? :D Like, "first press the LAN button, then...", yeah you get it...

Thanks a lot in advance guys, my destiny is in your hands!

Hello,

For that option to be available you need to install RMerlin firmware, as the stock AUS firmware does not contain it.
Since it's not available to you and you are using stock ASUS firmware, your issue should be different.

Page for RMerlin firmware:

If you install RMerlin firmware here is a guide where to configure DNS Filtering:

Good luck, it was also making me go insane without knowing what to do...

@terribell thanks for this. Haven't had any issues since since I downloaded Merlin and restarted the router and made sure the DNS filtering was turned off.

Since I had already contacted LG and were waiting for a technician to reach out for me, they called after I'd "solved" this problem, and I explained to them how. Now they called me today again and wanted to know EXACTLY what router I had and what I did to solve this, and I also gave him the link to this forum (and apparently the guy who called me had been contacted by the "tech-manager or CTO" in Sweden, to investigate on this).

So hopefully you guys have helped out in getting a LG software hotfix for these issues, to save some headache for others *crossing fingers*.

Oh, and Mr. Technician, If you look at this, you have my address and name if you'd like to provide me with a compatible sound-bar or G Oled 77 G1 as thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!