What's new

LG TV Ethernet connectivity

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Benjamin John

Occasional Visitor
I have a RT-AC68U running on the latest FW. I have a LG TV that is wired to the router. Even though the TV says there is network connectivity, I cannot access anything (Netflix, Prime) on the Internet. Wireless connectivity is also flaky at best. Sometime it works.
If I plug the Ethernet cable directly into my FIOS router bypassing the RT-AC68U, Ethernet connectivity works fine.

Any ideas?
Thanks

I have a RT-AC68U running on the latest FW. I have a LG TV that is wired to the router. Even though the TV says there is network connectivity, I cannot access anything (Netflix, Prime) on the Internet. Wireless connectivity is also flaky at best. Sometime it works.
If I plug the Ethernet cable directly into my FIOS router bypassing the RT-AC68U, Ethernet connectivity works fine.

Any ideas?
Thanks

What is the IP address configuration?

Have you tried going through the Network settings on the TV from scratch and reconfigure it while it's plugged in to your AC68U? It's like forcing it to forget previous settings. Make sure to power cycle the TV afterwards

Not sure what exactly you meant...

Tried DHCP and static.
192.168.212.x

I meant that probably there is an IP address mismatch. As @microchip said above, try to reconfigure the TV from scratch to be sure that its IP address matches the IP range of Asus router LAN.

Does it work on WiFi?

I too have an LG TV and to be honest the ethernet isn't great on them, even with my C9 oled it's only 100mbps which causes buffering when streaming blu ray rips from my local plex server. I actually find they work better on WiFi as they get a better connection speed and throughput due to the crappy 100mbps ethernet nic.

I did a factory reset on the TV, still same issues.
When I check network status, it says connected, but cant access any apps.
wifi is also spotty as mentioned. I wonder if it's an OpenDNS issue, but I don't see any blocks.

I have a RT-AC68U running on the latest FW.
Please post an actual release version. Not only will this potentially help us to help you, it may also help someone reading this in 6 months who would have no idea what "latest" means :)

When you tried connection directly to the FIOS router, where you using all the same cables? Do you have a different switch or hub that you can try instead of connecting directly between the ASUS router and TV?

Even though the TV says there is network connectivity, I cannot access anything (Netflix, Prime) on the Internet.
Are you able to verify (or change or set) the settings in the TV for your DNS servers and default gateway? Do you have any firewall settings in the router that may be causing problems for the TV? The model of the TV may also be an important piece of information in case there are issues specific to that.

I did a factory reset on the TV, still same issues.
When I check network status, it says connected, but cant access any apps.
wifi is also spotty as mentioned. I wonder if it's an OpenDNS issue, but I don't see any blocks.

Almost certainly required sites being blocked. I had exact same problem with a Panasonic TV - Internet connected but cant access apps. Must be OpenDNS blocking.
My problem at the time was Diversion. I had changed the blocking list to LARGE with over 1 .109M blocked domains. When I changed it back to Medium - 91730 blocked domains - everything worked again and I could access Apps.

Last edited:
Does it work on WiFi?

I too have an LG TV and to be honest the ethernet isn't great on them, even with my C9 oled it's only 100mbps which causes buffering when streaming blu ray rips from my local plex server. I actually find they work better on WiFi as they get a better connection speed and throughput due to the crappy 100mbps ethernet nic.

A 100 meg connection will have 200 meg of through put because of the duplex setting on Ethernet. You will be hard pressed to get better than 200 meg out of your wireless since that TV does not have the latest networking hardware. This is based on TV 100 meg Ethernet port speed. I think you probably have another issue in your network streaming BlueRay.

Wireless is also half-duplex.

I understand wireless is half duplex but wired is full duplex. His wired problem is in his network.

I understand wireless is half duplex but wired is full duplex. His wired problem is in his network.

The starting issue for the poster was:

Any ideas?
Thanks

The problem was also with the wired connection.
Regardless, on my case with a similar TV I get 100mbps on Fast.com speedtest on wired and 250mbps on wifi connection.

Then your wireless router must be really close to the TV for 5 GHz to give that kind of speed in old TV hardware.

BlueRay should stream on a 100 mbps wired connection. If it doesn't then you have network problems.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!