What's new

Linksys Announces Velop Mesh Wi-Fi System

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Linksys Velop 2-Pack in Black.jpg
Velop now comes in black as a Best Buy exclusive. Same price, same specs. Available @ BestBuy.com today. In stores Oct 22.

One of the things that I like about these recent Wifi system is their design. They don't look as much out-of-place as regular routers (especially modern ones, with D-Link, Asus and Netgear going with weird spaceship/spider designs).

i guess black will make sense to some and their design / color scheme , where is the red / go faster option :)

They don't look as much out-of-place as regular routers (especially modern ones

as long as ascetics doesnt effect performance all the power to them , beamforming has made it far better and so those monolith antennas arnt so much needed any more , esp in these mesh type units

Dear colleagues,

As you might already know the Google Wifi mesh system has support for the 802.11mc (Round Travel Time / Fine Time Measurement) protocol that allows to measure the distance between a terminal (i.e. smartphone such as Google Pixel 2) and the router. The Google WiFi features the Qualcomm IPQ4108 which is the earlier version of the IPQ4019 chipset, which is the one being shipped within the Linksys Velop.

Does anyone has tried the 802.11mc RTT feature with this WiFi Mess system?

Many thanks!

Miquel

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!