What's new

Linksys E4200 bridge mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Using a TP-Link WA730RE Range Extender with a Linksys E4200.
The WiFi clients only see one SSID which means they attach to the MAC address of the router with the stronger signal. E4200 at one end of the house WA730RE at the other (due to location requirements).

Works well (not brilliant) with Android smartphone, as mostly you check it and it's switched(reconnected) to the closest/strongest signal router.

WA730RE is only 2.4GHz 150Mbps 802.11gn.

nice, the only problem is that I need a repeater to the 5ghz signal...

Dap-1562

I have a DAP-1562 pair coming next week, its a four stream N Access Point and bridge pair. I'll let you know how it goes.

Well, don't bother with the dlink DAP-1562

One of the two devices included with the kit went dead with in a week. Dlink's support was laughable, and refused to RMA the kit because we couldn't troubleshoot it (one of the devices wouldn't power on at all).

One of the two devices included with the kit went dead with in a week. Dlink's support was laughable, and refused to RMA the kit because we couldn't troubleshoot it (one of the devices wouldn't power on at all).

Are you saying you could NOT return dead equipment? There is no warranty? Did you lose the receipt?

Got a return

Finally was able to return it after getting someone with a clue. Still, judging by the amazon reviews, I'm not alone in getting dead or quickly dying equipment. Ended up with a e4200 and a WES610N, and can stream pretty reliably now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!