What's new

Linksys EA9300 Max-Stream AC4000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i would say not improved , but more only improved marginally thats mainly due to fine tuning and beamforming as the ( for example ) rt-ac88u does cover a greater area than the rt-ac68u as far as client connectivity goes

The improvement you're seeing is diversity gain with the extra radio on the 88U vs the 68U - that extra radio does help there, and it's symmetric from client to AP. Additionally, a 4-stream AP is always 4-streams, when talking to a 1, 2, or 3 stream client, it's just changes the code interleaving - which can be a pretty nice benefit, esp. in the mid to long range - might actually get an MCS step higher compared to a 3-stream AP.

So I would say that until the chipset makers do their job properly, it's not really fair to blame the router makers as the first point for these issues.

Sure it's fair to blame the router makers. They could simply refuse to rush a product to market. They could do real world testing on the product before release. If the chip vendors are the issue make them make it right before release. If there not interested in making it right find another vendor. Money talks watch how fast they get unlazy when the revenue stops or goes to a competitor.

There have been no recent firmware updates indicating that the issue has been fixed. I'm really surprised no recent updates given its poor showing in the SNB test results.

There have been no recent firmware updates indicating that the issue has been fixed. I'm really surprised no recent updates given its poor showing in the SNB test results.
Yeah, Linksys must not care... I'm just not going to consider that brand.

New firmware posted Friday 10/13/17...only to find it is corrupt. The EA6700 has had corrupt firmware dated back to 11/2016 still posted and not fixed (FACT).

EA9300 my issues are 2118 error, was fixed in other EA9***'s which are older than the EA9300...yet I am plagued with it. MAC ID Clone will not change my IP address like my EA7500 V1 did, replaced by EA9300. The EA7500 V1 also had the 2118 error since second to last update hence my replacement EA9300.

Screw Linksys, and people thought Cisco was bad? Not me.

New firmware posted Friday 10/13/17...only to find it is corrupt. The EA6700 has had corrupt firmware dated back to 11/2016 still posted and not fixed (FACT).

EA9300 my issues are 2118 error, was fixed in other EA9***'s which are older than the EA9300...yet I am plagued with it. MAC ID Clone will not change my IP address like my EA7500 V1 did, replaced by EA9300. The EA7500 V1 also had the 2118 error since second to last update hence my replacement EA9300.

Screw Linksys, and people thought Cisco was bad? Not me.

Attachments

• release notes.png
    release notes.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 945
Firmware issue has been corrected. Available at https://www.linksys.com/us/support/sitemap/

see ea9300 on page. Not available via router update as of now. 2118 error fixed, not in details. Mac ID Clone still not working. Please test for me (Comcast subscriber) PLEASE! Check if IP address will change when cloned. Thank you!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!