What's new

Linksys Fields First HomePlug AV2 Adapters

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

They were reviewed on CNET and he got 250Mbps with them.

doow8y.png

Indeed they do seem noticeably faster than previous homeplugs so it is looking promising for AV2. Hopefully the way the CNET reviewer tests them is representative of real world setups. I would love 250Mbps over homeplug.

I was going to wait for AV2 MIMO but if the early SISO products perform like this then I will definitely have to get some.

That PLA4205 speed looks strange because I have never heard of anybody getting that performance from them. The other models seem to sit in fairly predictable groups according to chipset or generation but that one is just sitting out on its own with 213Mbps which seems way too fast for a 2011 model.

Last edited:
The key is not maximum throughput but how well it holds up over distance.
500 Mbps Homeplug degraded more over distance than 200Mbps.
We will see how AV2 does soon.

Moved into a new house that does not have structured wiring and am using these powerline adapters, which is my first experience with the technology.

Everything has been plug 'n play so far, but I can't get the Linksys software to "see" any of the adapters.

I've tried running the utility with the laptop connected wirelessly through the router, hardwired through the router, and hardwired directly to one of the homeplugs, all to no avail.

Any ideas?

The utility should be able to connect to the powerline adapter if you are running it on a computer that is connected to your router and a powerline adapter is plugged into the same switch.

The utility needs WinPcap installed to work. The installer should have prompted you to install it if it didn't find it. If you declined the install, you need to rerun the installer and let it install WinPcap.

Turns out it was the anti-virus software that was blocking the program.

Now to start tweaking outlet placement/interference issues.

Any ideas as to why manufacturers are taking so long?

With CES just around the corner, I really hope they come out then, just like you are predicting.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!