What's new

powerline charts and possible error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

powerleakin

Occasional Visitor
Hi there,

I was browsing the powerline charts to assess the performance margins of Homeplug AV2 MIMO over HomePlug AV2 SISO devices.

I noticed that the "TP-LINK (TL-PA6010KIT)" is listed as AV2 SISO.
1635582184133.png

However, when I opened the official link on TP-Link's own website, this model is listed as HomePlug AV only, not AV2.
1635582236634.png

Wanted to raise this here, to better understand if there was an error somewhere.

Thanks

In general, powerline technology nomenclature has been a mess. This article explains how I designated the technology used in the products.

alright thanks tim.

in my environment, I have found some success in deploying these where cabling was not possible.
Especially with AV2, (as you mentioned in the write-up above) transfer speeds are a lot more respectable and they seem to be pretty stable too.

alright thanks tim.

in my environment, I have found some success in deploying these where cabling was not possible.
Especially with AV2, (as you mentioned in the write-up above) transfer speeds are a lot more respectable and they seem to be pretty stable too.
I'm glad powerline is working for you. The technology never got much of a foothold in the U.S. There were competing standards for too long and that prevented advancement in speed. Wi-Fi just blew it away.

Powerline has been more successful in Europe where building construction (stone) is much less Wi-Fi friendly.