What's new

Linksys WRT1900AC V2 Firmware Ver. 2.0.6.166464

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well if you want to play roulette with Linksys you can give that a shot. From what they told me those were the very first V2's to come (last week) in so maybe a couple weeks before you see them trickling out to retailers.

Luckily you guys know there is a V2. I found out after I purchased based on WRT1900AC product page. Doesn't even mention new specs. The amount of trouble I went through to have LinkSys replace V1 with V2 has been pathetic. WRT1900 better be worth it. Not sure LinkSys (Belkin) is.

WRT1900AC V2 RAM is 256MB. See box pic attached.

The box is misprinted, mine says that too but if you look under the sysinfo page it shows the correct amount. The wrt1200ac also shows 256MB on the box but also has the same amount below.

WRT1900AC
4GMwAdm.png

WRT1200AC
rvBQxVN.png

Luckily you guys know there is a V2. I found out after I purchased based on WRT1900AC product page. Doesn't even mention new specs. The amount of trouble I went through to have LinkSys replace V1 with V2 has been pathetic. WRT1900 better be worth it. Not sure LinkSys (Belkin) is.

It looks like they updated the product page, it did say 1.3ghz cpu for quite some time. Though I had to deal with their CS as well. The live chat told me they were shipping v2 prior to my purchase, got a v1 instead. I called and their CS tried to tell me there was no difference in hardware between v1 and v2 and to just update the firmware. After telling them the differences a manager got on the line and told me they would send me a v2 and to use the v1 until I received it. 2 weeks later got my V2.

What sucks. I believed it will be 512MB.
It is, see above.

Last edited:
any ssh/telnet command to check the version/CPU+Memory ?
gonna get my new toy today :p

Yeah, the router doesn't support SSH or telnet. Like Nagle mentioned, you can check CPU, memory, and TONS of other stuff with the sysinfo.cgi. It's basically a CGI script that outputs a bunch of Linux informational commands.

WRT1900AC V2 RAM is 256MB. See box pic attached.

But... http://routerip/sysinfo.cgi returns 512MB RAM

Username = admin
Password = your router admin password

Memory Use:
free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 510000 96004 413996 0 0
Swap: 0 0 0
Total: 510000 96004 413996

Thanks to later posts for correcting this and instructions on the URL to retrieve the info.

Last edited:
New firmware out for the V2 and 1200ac.

Release date: June 18, 2015

- Removed passphrase data from the sysinfo page
- Configured auto-recovery feature to be always enabled
- Channels 12 and 13 added to the 2.4GHz channel list for AP
- Updated the 2.4GHz transmit power table for AU
- The Internet LED will now light up when the Activity Lights webUI feature is toggled
- The backup/restore feature will not overwrite device-specific data

Anyone knows where to get V2 from? Online or Retail doesn't matter
don't tell me linksys store , they lied to me after confirming they only have V2

a bit of a funny story, I briefly owned the new Linksys EA8500 (found the 5ghz range appalling so returned it) and when you log into Linksys site for your router they have adverts on your config page.... and guess what the damn advert is for!!!

V2 of the 1900ac, I could not feel how ironic after buying their top of the range version, the advertise the model down

Anyone knows where to get V2 from? Online or Retail doesn't matter
don't tell me linksys store , they lied to me after confirming they only have V2

If you dont want to jump through hoops with linksys your only option would be to check the boxes in store right now. I haven't seen it advertised though I haven't really been looking for one either.

I just purchased a V2 at a MicroCenter near me last night -- I called a few stores in the area and asked them to check the boxes for the 1.3 ghz Processor on the front and Rev A01 on the back. One sales guy called me back and confirmed those criteria and held the unit for me.

I think if you want a V2, you have to physically confirm it. Otherwise, I think you're just rolling dice and/or people savvy businesses are shipping their old stock of V1's first.

I just purchased a V2 at a MicroCenter near me last night -- I called a few stores in the area and asked them to check the boxes for the 1.3 ghz Processor on the front and Rev A01 on the back. One sales guy called me back and confirmed those criteria and held the unit for me.

I think if you want a V2, you have to physically confirm it. Otherwise, I think you're just rolling dice and/or people savvy businesses are shipping their old stock of V1's first.

Good to hear they are popping up in stores now.

Fry's in San Diego is still carrying the V1's, but they've dropped the price from $249 to $219 - when looking on the shelves, check around the UPC bar code, the Rev A01 should be there, and also, all of the V1 serial numbers start with 13J1, 13J2, along with the Rev A01 is a good indicator that it's a V2.

Don't discount the V1's, they're still pretty good, and if you can catch them on a good price deal, it's a worthwhile buy...

The box is misprinted, mine says that too but if you look under the sysinfo page it shows the correct amount. The wrt1200ac also shows 256MB on the box but also has the same amount below.

WRT1900AC
4GMwAdm.png

WRT1200AC
rvBQxVN.png

It looks like they updated the product page, it did say 1.3ghz cpu for quite some time. Though I had to deal with their CS as well. The live chat told me they were shipping v2 prior to my purchase, got a v1 instead. I called and their CS tried to tell me there was no difference in hardware between v1 and v2 and to just update the firmware. After telling them the differences a manager got on the line and told me they would send me a v2 and to use the v1 until I received it. 2 weeks later got my V2.

It is, see above.
I don't know where you got your router, but I ran the sysinfo, and got

Memory Use:
free
Mem: 250864 232396 18468 0 17268
Total: 250864 232396 18468

Mine has 256k, and is the V1 version.

Because I know some have been asking the WRT antennas are up for sale as well.

http://www.linksys.com/us/p/WRT004ANT/
http://www.linksys.com/us/p/WRT002ANT/
I used these guys on the Asus 68U and they help with the reception on the roof where it was not possible to bring the AP closer to the client... ;-)

Not sure about a 4-pck for $99, a bit steep. On the plus side, I just got a refurb version 1 for $125 from NCIXUS but they are back up to $170 now. Now I need to wait for Kong to release the DD-WRT version. I really like the look and feel of the router, very solid. Stock FW is a bit restrictive though. I wanna see what this CPU can do VPN wise, would love to compare it to the R7000.

I don't know where you got your router, but I ran the sysinfo, and got

Memory Use:
free
Mem: 250864 232396 18468 0 17268
Total: 250864 232396 18468

Mine has 256k, and is the V1 version.

I got mine directly from Linksys about 3 weeks ago I think.

I used these guys on the Asus 68U and they help with the reception on the roof where it was not possible to bring the AP closer to the client... ;-)

Not sure about a 4-pck for $99, a bit steep. On the plus side, I just got a refurb version 1 for $125 from NCIXUS but they are back up to $170 now. Now I need to wait for Kong to release the DD-WRT version. I really like the look and feel of the router, very solid. Stock FW is a bit restrictive though. I wanna see what this CPU can do VPN wise, would love to compare it to the R7000.

I'm not to concerned about them, what the stock antennas provide is enough for me. I seen some people asking about them though so I figured I would post them.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!