What's new

Local VLAN Traffic on RT-AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

roguewave

New Around Here
Anyone have any suggestions on how to segment net traffic using an ASUS RT-AC66U and two Cisco SG 200-08Ps? This is where I am with the switches so far:
Switch 1 (directly connected to RTR)
Port1: Trunk to RTR (pass all VLANS except Xbox traffic)
Port2: Trunk to second switch
Port3: Link to Drobo (Data VLAN)
Port4-6: Trunks to WAPS
Port7-8: LACP to QNAP (Data VLAN)

Switch 2
Port1: Trunk to first switch
Port2-4: Xbox 360 (Xbox VLAN)
Port5: Printer (Printer VLAN)
Port6-8: Empty (access mode)

How can I set up the router to pass VLAN traffic? I've been through all the settings, and I haven't seen any options for VLAN setup.
Is this even an efficient setup? Have approx. 70 users trying to stream HD to multiple devices (QNAP), surf the internet, skype, etc. Limited bandwidth (thus wanting to restricting Xbox traffic to outside) Most of the traffic is wireless, but I want to streamline wired traffic as much as possible.

Its my understanding the ASUS RT-AC66U cannot process VLAN's like that in stock forum. You would need to load an OS like Tomato or DD-WRT on it. You could also put a small router between your switches and Asus. Another solution is to get a Cisco series 300 switch that can route.