What's new

Log entry help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lee MacMillan

Merlin 386.1 on my AC66U_B1. I have a flash drive attached to the USB3 port and it's working as expected. I'm getting the log entry below multiple times per day. I don't know what this is telling me or if I should worry about it since I can access the USB drive. I have attached a screenshot from the USB application page. I have SMB/CIFS file sharing support turned on in Windows features.
1612559395245.png

Feb 5 17:42:41 smbd[23511]: [2021/02/05 17:42:41.880246, 0] passdb/pdb_smbpasswd.c:1252(build_sam_account)
Feb 5 17:42:41 smbd[23511]: build_sam_account: smbpasswd database is corrupt! username Lee with uid 570576 is not in unix passwd database!

Attachments

• USB setup page.JPG
    USB setup page.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 107
I would worry. It's doesn't seem to be working as well as you think it is.

This may be a sign of imminent failure of the drive (corrupting databases that may get written to constantly).

Do you have a backup of the files it contains? Let's see what others think here, but I would be shopping for a new drive while I've safely ejected this one to have at least the chance to retrieve any files from it (if needed).

Make sure your usernames are in sync between the router and Samba. Compare the IDs found in nvram get acc_list with the users in cd /etc; cat passwd (kludge for forum blocking)

Don't post the contents, but if you don't see Lee in /etc/ passwd, that's the problem and you should probably recreate the users in the USB Samba screen. My additional user is numbered 501, plus my router admin user numbered 0.

I would worry. It's doesn't seem to be working as well as you think it is.

This may be a sign of imminent failure of the drive (corrupting databases that may get written to constantly).

Do you have a backup of the files it contains? Let's see what others think here, but I would be shopping for a new drive while I've safely ejected this one to have at least the chance to retrieve any files from it (if needed).
It's not a backup drive. It's just for sharing files between two computers when one is sleeping or off. They are all copies.

The flash drive is barely used to I don't think it's failing. I forgot to unmount it when I updated to 386.1 and had to screw around to get it working again. I should probably just start over from scratch and see if that fixes it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!