What's new

Logout and Login

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cmcgrath5035

New Around Here
I new to Merlin, Long Term dd-wrt user.
I have loaded 378.50 to a new RT-N66U and am setting up configs before putting it on-line.

When I open the IP address of the unit, I am already logged in (It could be already cached, I have made a coupl tries at this).
I click Logout, I get the Logout screen.

When I enter the base IP address again, I get the opening window and I am already Logged in.

Is this normal behavior?

PS I run FireFox on Linux. I checked, the Firefox password cache does not have a password for the RT-N66U

Last edited:
Let me now add that I am convinced I am not really Logged in,
I try to make config changes, then select apply.
All I get is an endless Applying Settings display, as I might expect if I did not have permission to make the change.

When you log out, make sure you close all the browser windows you have open.

Is there any other service that autologs you in?

Most likely your browser is caching the HTTP basic auth credentials. You must close your browser after logging out, otherwise your browser will automatically relog you if you try to re-access the same IP.

Hi,

Try to press CTRL + F5 in your browser.

OK, I like CiscoX's suggestion - that seems to work well.
(Where do I look for a definition of ctl + F5?, is that Merlin or Firefox)

I like to multitask, have lots of tabs open, closing browser is a PITA.

I don't intentionally have anything set to auto-log me in, but browers these days are sort of taking over contol of things you wish they didn't.

I'll also add that I took a long break with the Logout window sitting open in in focus.
Maybe 45 mins later, thre was a Login/Password screen looking at me,

Thanks folks, I think I am now ready to make fast forward progress.

OK, I like CiscoX's suggestion - that seems to work well.
(Where do I look for a definition of ctl + F5?, is that Merlin or Firefox)

I like to multitask, have lots of tabs open, closing browser is a PITA.

I don't intentionally have anything set to auto-log me in, but browers these days are sort of taking over contol of things you wish they didn't.

I'll also add that I took a long break with the Logout window sitting open in in focus.
Maybe 45 mins later, thre was a Login/Password screen looking at me,

Thanks folks, I think I am now ready to make fast forward progress.

Hi,

When pressing CTRL + F5 button on your keyboard it forces the Cache to clear in your browser. Try it when you have problems to login into your router.

OK, so that is FF wide, good to know.

I now realize that a connection to the asuswrt-Merlin times out after a reasonably long period of time, that is why I saw the new login screen.

Is that period programmable?
I am sort of learning the differences with ddwrt one at a time :)

OK, so that is FF wide, good to know.

I now realize that a connection to the asuswrt-Merlin times out after a reasonably long period of time, that is why I saw the new login screen.

Is that period programmable?
I am sort of learning the differences with ddwrt one at a time :)

Yes, under Administration - System.
You can change the Auto Logout. Default is 30 minutes.