What's new

Looking for a new stylish WHITE AX Node for my AX86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sl4fko

Regular Contributor
So...

Until now I had a AC86U main router and an AC68U WHITE router as an AIMESH node in my living room (ETH backhaul).

I plan on buying a new AX86U router but also want to switch my node with a new AX one. Color MUST be white and inconspicuous. Merlin firmware is not necessary for a node.

Which one would you guys prefer in combination with AX86U? ISP connection is 500/500 with 1Gbps in a near future.

XD4

XD6

XT8

or something else...

Thanks in advance!

Provided you don't need loads of speed on the node, then the RP-AX56 might be the easiest choice to set up. I actually went with an XD4 originally as it's so inconspicuous - identical specs, just it was a pain to connect to the GT-AX6000, and seemed to lose its settings after about a day.

*Considering putting the RP-AX56 onto a "timed" smart outlet as it only seems to come into play at weekends and public holidays when surrounding networks are busier!

Hm, interesting choice. However, I think I need a bit more "power" on the node. Few smartphones, Firestick 4K and two laptops are (will be) connected to the node...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!